At this time, we are seeking a Director of Nursing to join our team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents
- Plans, coordinates and manages the nursing Department
- Ensures that nursing interventions meet the personal, physical and cognitive needs of each resident as well as maximize his/her self-care capacities, identity, independence, choice and opportunity for social interaction.
- Supports and practices the philosophy, objectives and standards of the Department of Nursing and participates in the revision of these as necessary to ensure quality care to all residents.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary resident care management efforts.
- Ensures effective and efficient organization and staffing of the nursing department
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice that includes a basic knowledge in Geriatric Nursing.
- Familiarity with State and Federal Regulations
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN degree highly desired.
- 3 years experience in Geriatric Nursing, including management responsibilities
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a RN in the State.
- Must possess current CPR Certificate.
- Additional certification in nursing specialty of Geriatrics is desirable.