- DESCRIPTIONSupervise support staff with supervisory duties including instructing, planning, assigning work, reviewing work, maintaining standards, coordinating activities, selecting new employees, completing performance reviews, allocating personnel, acting on employee problems, recommending employee discipline, discharge and salary increases.
- Schedule and organize dialing staff assignments as well as meetings and department activities. Attend meetings as required.
- Complete Competency Skills Assessment of all nurses and Medical Office Assistants on an annual basis.
- Coordinate and assist in new hire orientation for nurses and Medical Office Assistants.
- Manage the Infection Prevention and Control Program. Perform surveillance, prevention and infection control activities, including collecting, analyzing and reporting data, formulating and reviewing policies and procedures, implementing, evaluating and revising infection control practices. The Infection Prevention and Control Program is a minimum of 20% of the Essential Job Tasks.
- Ensure the availability of adequate nursing and MOA coverage at all times through efficient and effective scheduling, resolving scheduling conflicts as necessary. Adjust coverage as necessary based on monitoring of patient flow.
- Coordinate the Pharmacy Assistance and Diabetes Collaborative programs and clinical rotations of nurses and MOAs.
- Ensure quality of care through the development and interpretation of nursing philosophies, protocols and standards of care, enforcing adherence to State Board of Nursing and State Nurse Practice Act requirements and to other regulations.
- Assure all nursing encounters are billed on the day of service
- Monitor patient care delivered by nursing staff and medical office assistants, addressing personnel matters and responding appropriately to patient concerns or complaints.
- Provide leadership in maintaining TJC accreditation.
- Receive and review a variety of documents, including policies and procedures, employee leave requests, time cards, patient charts, quality assurance surveys and other information.
- Prepare and/or process a variety of documents including policies and procedures, nursing schedules, patient satisfaction surveys, chart audit reports, inspection control reports, performance evaluations and other documents.
- Supervise support staff duties including instructing, planning, assigning work, reviewing work, maintaining standards, coordinating activities, selecting new employees, completing performance reviews, allocating personnel, acting on employee problems, recommending employee discipline, discharge and salary increases.
- Exhibit compliance with FHC's corporate compliance policy.
- Perform job activities in ways that are respectful, courteous and responsive while interacting with patients, visitors and co-workers.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as appropriate or as directed.
POSITION REQUIREMENTSA Master’s degree in nursing plus eight years experience as a registered nurse in a healthcare environment, three of which were is a supervisor capacity is required plus experience as a nurse manager in a non-profit or other large outpatient healthcare facility.
Must have working knowledge of regulatory requirements, including OSHA, CDC, DHEC and TJC. Must have a minimum of eight years experience working with infection prevention and control. Must possess State of South Carolina licensure as a RN. A board certified APRN is preferred. Must possess a South Carolina driver’s license.