Directs and manages employees in multiple units engaged in providing care to a group of patients. Recommends and revises policies and develops performance standards, departmental goals, and objectives to maintainpatient care. Ensures compliance with standards of nursing practice to promote optimum healthcare delivery. Acts as liaison with physician staff regarding unit issues.
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing is required. Master's degree in related field strongly preferred.
- Current Texas RN License is required.
- Maintain BLS/ACLS (American Heart Association) certification, if required for the position
- CPI required within 90 days of hire/transfer date for Emergency Services Departments.
- Prefer national certification and/or professional organization membership.
- Minimum of five years management/supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
- Must have strong understanding of and demonstrate skill in leadership, strategic management, professional development, change management, communications, team building, continuous quality improvement, problem solving, decision making, innovation, financial management of operations, and stewardship of resources.
- Skill in establishing a balanced perspective on mission effectiveness and business results is critical.