SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 200 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 3,000 physicians. For more information on SCA,
Facility Description: Facility has 6 Operating Rooms, and 2 Procedure Rooms. We perform a wide variety of surgical specialties and enjoy a great reputation for providing high quality low cost care in the community.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Director of Nursing (DON) is responsible for all aspects of clinical care delivery in the facility. The DON is also responsible for the Quality Improvement/Risk Management Program for the center and responsibility of the Administrator in his/her absence. As a Registered Nurse, the DON is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge and developing and maintaining a culture of patient safety and clinical quality.
- Assesses, plans, evaluates, and ensures the implementation of the patients’ care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Assumes a leadership role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving care.
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and caring for individuals based on age-specific needs utilizing developmental perspective.
- Demonstrates appropriate and continued knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
- Establishes and adheres to facility safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Completes appropriate financial management responsibilities.
- Responsibly demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession, to include staff development and education.
- Upholds and practices the principles and policies of the SCA Compliance program.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
- Demonstrates understanding and puts into practice the SCA value of Service Excellence
- Maintains and evaluates own clinical expertise and clinical practice
- Participates in scheduled performance appraisals and demonstrates dedication to ongoing performance improvement, to include progressive discipline if necessary
- Has successfully completed the program at an accredited school of nursing with a current state nursing license.
- Experience in ambulatory surgery nursing, at least two (2) to five (5) years of nursing and management experience in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center is desired.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification. Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification. Successful completion of PALS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation or current PALS certification.
- Proven leadership skills and abilities.
- Past experience as a DON, or in a similar role, at a facility that is comparable to LSC.
- CNOR designation
- Experience in coordinating and managing QI programs and processes.