TCC Westwood Corpus in Corpus Christi, TX is searching for an experienced Director of Nursing to join our team.
TCC Westwood Corpus serving Corpus Christi and surrounding communities for years, offers specialized care for medical rehabilitation and therapy needs, including physical, occupational, and speech. Our facility is fully equipped with living, dining and activity areas, along with on-site therapy equipment.
- Must have a current RN license(s)
- CPR certification required
- Ability to understand, remember and carry out verbal or written instructions in English
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to work flexibly and positively with intermittent interruptions
- Prior nurse management in long term care/skilled nursing preferred.
- To assure resident safety.
- Responsible for managing, directing and supervising nursing services
- Defines and maintains the standards of nursing practice within the facility
- Assesses the quality of care rendered
- Helps development of policies and procedures that govern nursing services and other services under his or her position control
- Helps in verifying employee credentials under his or her position control
- Responsible for staff performance, staff recruitment, staff retention and staff development
- Responsible for collaborating with other departments and agencies regarding resources and services for improved patient care and staff development
- Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing a budgeted process for staffing and services rendered
- Evaluates the quality and cost-effectiveness of staffing and services within the goals of the facility
- Serves as spokesperson for nursing matters and represents the facility with professional nursing and related organizations
- Participates in appropriate meetings and committees
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, residents, family members and guests
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations
- Use appropriate work place behavior and adheres to dress code at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Have the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations