The Director of Nursing (DON) is the nurse manager for the site and is accountable for the management of nursing practice, nursing education, staff nurse professional development, and nurse administration. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for promoting the delivery of quality healthcare services, in collaboration with the Site Medical Provider and Health Services Administrator, to ensure that patients' medical needs are addressed at the site within the context of the site-specific contract and the organization's goals and values.
- Directs the nursing care in collaboration with the Site Medical Provider, Health Services Administrator and the Regional Director of Nursing designee for the contract within the context of the correctional healthcare delivery system by fostering collaboration and effective problem-solving among all identified stakeholders.
- Ensures the integration of evidence-based practice and research application that fosters nursing excellence in the delivery of care to diverse populations.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing with the ability to obtain a Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of employment.
- Minimum three (3) years progressive nursing management experience, nursing experience in direct patient care delivery services.
- Possess the highest degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated abilities in nursing staff supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with the client, patients, staff, and management team.
- The Director of Nursing must have the ability to problem-solve.
- Computer proficiency.
- Exceptional communication skills, influence, morale, and leadership abilities.
- Have a strong desire to have a significant role in the success of an innovative health services program.