The Director of Nursing works with the Medical Director to ensure the goals and objectives of the hospital are accomplished according to the policy direction of the corporation. The Director of Nursing is responsible for the delivery of clinical nursing services.
•Sign On Bonus Available•Competitive Compensation•Relocation Assistance Available•State, Consultant and Locum opportunities•Contract or Full Time, Variable Shifts Available
Education for Director of Nursing:
- Master's degree in Nursing or related health care or medical services.
Experience for Director of Nursing:
- Two years of managerial experience with a Master's in Nursing or three years of managerial experience with a Master's degree in related health care or medical services, behavioral or rehabilitative science field.
- At least two years of post-licensure clinical nursing experience working exclusively with individuals diagnosed with mental illness or multiple disabilities (A diagnosis of multiple disabilities requires services for two or more mental disabilities, at least one of which must be a diagnosable mental illness, such as combined psychiatric illness and chemical addictions, or combined psychiatric illness and mental retardation).
- The managerial work experience must come from performing those duties typically associated with the Assistant or Associate Director of Nursing or Director of Nursing. This experience must have been gained exclusively in a mental health setting, a college or university program, or a health care facility, which included a discrete psychiatric program.
Licenses/Certifications for Director of Nursing:
- Registered Nurse in the state of employment
- Oversees daily operations of nursing services in meeting facility goals and objectives.
- Develops, presents and manages the nursing services budget.
- Participates with EMG in strategic planning and budget development by participating in the development of policy to include goals, outcome and process objectives and implementation steps.
- Organizes service delivery through judicious staffing and scheduling, management of human resources and material, and communication and collaboration with other departments, other facilities, persons served, their families and visitors.
- Participates in the quality improvement activities as designated. Develops and manages quality improvement activities for Nursing Services.