Director of Nursing
- ID: 2020-8614
- Category: Clinical & Operations Leadership
- Employment Type: Regular Full-time
- Shift / Schedule: Weekday Day
About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Director of Nursing (DON) with Corizon Health at Wyoming Medium Correctional Institution located in Torrington, Wyoming:
- Provide quality oversight in collaboration with site, regional and corporate leadership. Provide clinical supervision to nursing staff. Implement appropriate work structure and processes to accomplish goals for patient care specific to contract requirements and healthcare policy and procedures.
- Evaluate patient care delivery processes on a regular, systematic and frequent basis.
- Participate in and contribute to the achievement of site’s key performance indicators and Clinical Quality Initiatives as directed.
- Conduct at minimum an annual accreditation readiness audit to assess compliance with standards and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Perform screening interviews with candidates, assess basic knowledge, skills and fit within the corrections environment.
- Perform annual clinical competency assessments and checks to promote the delivery of safe, effective and efficient nursing care. Provide developmental mentoring, formalized feedback and coaching to staff.
- Coordinate and monitor orientation and onboarding activities for new hires and staff that have moved into a different role.
- Interpret regulations and standards and communicate site and unit performance objectives to staff. Provide guidance and direction on state licensure, accreditation and regulatory agency requirements.
- Develop monthly schedules for nursing staff and nursing support staff and ensure that enough nursing staff is scheduled on each shift with the appropriate skill level.
- Assist site leadership with the development and maintenance of annual operational and clinical performance plans under the direction of regional operational management.
- Participate in Pharmacy and Therapeutic, Strategic Initiatives, Patient Safety/Sentinel Event Committee, Performance Improvement, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Utilization Management and other process improvement committees/initiatives as directed or assigned.
Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
Experience & Requirements
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing School required. Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Current, unrestricted, non-probationary status license as a Registered Nurse in the state where the position is located
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR Certification at the Medical Professional Level with AED Training.
- Specialty certification in correctional healthcare is desired (Certified Correctional Health Professional: CCHP, Certified Correctional Health Professional Nurse: CCHP-RN)
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in a healthcare setting, with correctional healthcare experience is preferred
- Previous clinical operations management experience is preferred; previous direct management experience within a correctional health setting is desired
- Maintain current licensure and certification(s) required to perform role/job
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.