You Will Be Responsible For:
- Develop and maintain nursing service objectives, standards of nursing practice, nursing procedure manuals, written job descriptions for each level of nursing personnel, and a written organizational plan of the nursing service that delineates the functional structure of the nursing service and the lines of communication. This plan shall be made known to all members of the nursing staff and to appropriate personnel in other units of the nursing home.
- Recommend to the Administrator the number and levels of nursing personnel to be employed. Participate in the recruitment and selection of nursing personnel and recommend termination of employment when necessary. Complete nursing staff schedules as necessary.
- Ensure that the total nursing needs of residents are met by assigning a sufficient number of nursing personnel for each tour of duty.
- Participate in the planning, development, and implementation of written resident care policies, in coordination with the Adventist Care Centers (ACC) Standards Committee and the assigned Quality Management Specialist (QMS) and recommend changes in policy when indicated.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the nursing home administrator and coordinate nursing service with other resident care services.
- Be responsible for planning and/or conducting orientation and nursing staff development programs for all nursing personnel.
- Participate in the selection of prospective residents in terms of their nursing needs and the nursing competencies available.
- Ensure that an individualized plan of care has been developed for each resident and that it is reviewed and modified as necessary.
- Be accountable to the Administrator, with written delegation of responsibility for the provision, direction, and supervision of nursing care.
- Maintain a procedure to ensure that the licensed nursing personnel has a valid and current license.
- Be responsible for review of nursing personnel records and references.
- Conduct and ensure completion of nursing department staff orientation, training, and evaluations and follow-up on recommendations.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- 1-2 years in prior supervisory capacity required
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired required
- BS Nursing preferred
- 3 years of experience in a nursing management role for a long-term care facility preferred
- Prior Director of Nursingexperiencepreferred
Responsible for planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the center, and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director.
Job ID: 18016710