The Director of Nursing is a leader, an advocate for client care and plans and manages client care personnel. This position has the authority and responsibility for establishing and fulfilling a vision and strategy for client care excellence and standards of practice. This position is also responsible for staffing the Wellness Units for coverage needs related to acuity, absences, and leave time.
- Nursing license in good standing with the state of Colorado.
- Ability to maintain pleasant working relationships; detail oriented; works effectively, independently and to deadlines; highly organized and able to multi task and effectively prioritize; reliable and responsible; excellent written communication skills and professional telephone manner; and readily takes initiative.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years management experience and three (3) years of clinical experience.
- Two (2) of these years must be in a behavioral healthcare setting.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Staffing and Scheduling
- Pharmacy – Maintains working relationship with pharmacy regarding client medications and delivery schedule.
- Medication – Makes staff aware of medication errors as indicated by Medication Error form and works towards performance improvement.
- Administrative – Follow procedure, function as a role model, and provide direction during emergency procedures (actual and simulated).