The Director of Nursing is a leader, an advocate for client care and plans and manages client care personnel. This position has the authority and responsibility for establishing and fulfilling a vision and strategy for client care excellence and standards of practice and is also responsible for staffing the Wellness Units.
Candidate must be a RN/LVN in good standing with the State of South Carolina. Must have a minimum of two (2) years management experience and three (3) years of clinical experience. Two (2) of these years must be in a healthcare setting, and in substance use disorder treatment center is highly preferred.
- Oversees pharmaceutical orders and maintains a working relationship with the pharmacy for client medication, and delivery schedule.
- Collects and organizes the Medication Administration Record (MAR) and the Destruction of Medication Log upon client discharge.
- Collaboration with staff in policy formation, program goals and objectives, program planning, performance improvement, resource management and other issues related to clinical and operational effectiveness.
- Establish oversight and control systems for operations to ensure legal compliance, agency, and policy compliance, adherence to ethical and moral standards and performance of work to meet goals.
- Participate in and contribute to strategic plan development and implementation in conjunction with the Mission and Values of the organization.
- Divides time between the office and the wellness unit, including 2 floor shifts per week.