Over the last 20 years, Priceline has developed one of the largest online travel companies in North America. The vast majority of our bookings take place via online platforms such as the desktop, mobile web and mobile applications. Despite the growing popularity of online bookings in travel, a large percentage of bookings continue to take place over the phone. Other top online competitors in our space have taken advantage of this fact by building out phone sales capabilities to increase their overall share of the travel market. Priceline believes that there is a very large phone sales opportunity that we can attack with our massive collection of travel inventory and experience. As we grow and expand phone sales, we also believe that there is an opportunity to build out alternative sales channels via online chat, voice, or other applications. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to lead this effort from the ground up within Priceline. This position will be very entrepreneurial in nature and will require a strong business mindset. The overall size of this opportunity could be in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
- First, build out phone sale to be a meaningful part of priceline’s overall sales mix
- Test the incrementality of phone sales to priceline’s existing online platforms (desktop, mobile web, mobile apps) through rigorous online and offline A/B testing.
- Test new marketing channels for phone sales within social media, online video, remarketing, search engine marketing, and other traditional offline channels.
- Establish reliable reporting and metrics to track short term and long term customer LTV impact.
- Ensure that all tracking and performance KPIs are structured correctly and managed for success.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders within product, marketing, technology, business, finance, and customer care to test and grow phone sales and other sales capabilities.
- Evaluate third party software and technical tools needed to drive improved tracking and conversion of phone sales.
- Work with our customer care team to build and scale a high converting sales function that is supported by smart technology and best practice selling techniques.
- Explore future opportunities to build sales through new, alternative sales channels.
- An exceptional track-record with at least 10+ years of experience in a top e-commerce or related company building new programs and sales channels
- Proven growth driver – ability to accurately identify and attack growth opportunities
- Extensive experience developing key KPIs, reports, and success measures while using these to drive performance and growth
- Experience working in a phone sales environment would be helpful
- Advanced presentation skills
- BA/BS degree. MBA preferred.