The Director of Network Infrastructure is responsible for infrastructure and technology architecture globally across the company. He or she will possess a sound understanding of messaging, network optimization/SDN, voice/VoIP, storage, virtualization, cloud/IaaS/PaaS, as well as end-user computing like MDM and VDI. This is a role for a thought leader who will design, evangelize and deliver the transformation of the company’s foundational infrastructure and operations platforms to drive an effective Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) while enabling significant advancement in mobility, collaboration, productivity and user experience.
Deep experience with Microsoft O365 and SharePoint is necessary. A track record of success with ITIL implementation, hands-on work with high-performance computing and supporting real time analytics or big data efforts, especially in the plant floor, R&D or supply chain context, would be a significant plus, as is experience with related technology supporting Industrial Control Systems and operations, such as SCADA, RFID and handhelds.
The Director will drive the roadmap to streamline, standardize and strengthen infrastructure security, business continuity and disaster recovery across sites while achieving substantive improvement in performance, reliability, robustness and scalability across the computing ecosystem. He or she will drive process efficiency and business value through optimal operating model enhancements such as data center consolidation and data-driven, proactive approaches to deliver continuous improvement in infrastructure, security, continuity, content management and collaboration.
The candidate must have the gravitas and influencing skills to present to executive management, partner effectively with senior managers from other functions and colleagues across IT, and facilitate effective collaboration among multiple interest groups.
- Able to deliver cost-effective infrastructure solutions that maintain the integrity of the IT ecosystem at an optimal Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Able to work as a thought leader with developers. process architects, program managers, and a cross-section of users from across the business to ensure the right technology and design standards
- Competence in strategic infrastructure roadmap development, capital budgeting and project management
- Able to ensure solutions comply with information security policies and standards
- Track industry trends, stay abreast of technology evolution and connected with thought leaders and best practices on infrastructure transformation and advancements in the field
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Masters or advanced degree a strong plus.
- 8+ years experience with responsibility across multiple businesses or countries in a global ($2B+) process manufacturing environment
- Certifications in networking and security or enterprise architecture a strong plus, as is experience with SAP and in-memory computing
- Cloud computing expertise, and solid experience with Microsoft O365, SharePoint, collaboration/social media and content delivery optimization
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure technologies, data center, server, virtualization, storage, network, voice, and disaster recovery/business continuity
- Experience with cloud infrastructure/platform services
- Track record of success in mobility and end user computing such as BYOD and VDI; plant control systems and automation experience a big plus
- Seven to ten years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as Security, Storage/Computing infrastructure architecture, Network Engineering) in a multi-site global environment
- Demonstrated project management experience with geographically distributed teams in a matrixed environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to present recommended solutions clearly and concisely to C-level executives, technical resources and business users
- Cross-cultural exposure, language skills, and experience working in an outsourced environment are useful skills.