As a director of native content for GateHouse Media's Native Product Team, your primary objective is to drive creative strategy for the company's sponsored content initiatives. The director of native content will lead a team of content creators and requires you to be an idea-generator with a talent for problem-solving and interdepartmental collaboration. The Director must be a skilled communicator and manager, collaborating with editorial, operations, development, product, and sales teams to build, deploy and refine content strategies that advance the goals of the native team.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for content strategy – from identifying trends to advancing engagement; a high degree of initiative, motivation, flexibility, and self-direction. Native Advertising is a unique blend between newsroom and promotional writing that requires knowledge of the sales process and intuition for proper guidelines.
Key responsibilities and skills
- Possess 5+ years of experience in developing and editing content - sponsored content preferable
- Maintain editorial guidelines and standards for native content, communicating those standards to advertising teams and clients, and updating as needed
- Communicate sponsored content policies and initiatives to editorial leaders, and resolve editorial conflicts that may arise
- Provide exemplary customer service for our paid sponsors and sales staff and institute a similar culture across your team of content creators
- Seek out and explore innovative platforms and digital tools to increase engagement with and reach of native content
- Assist in identifying and vetting strategic partnerships
- Identify growth opportunities in collaboration with product and sales teams
- Oversee a team of writers and managers dedicated to native content production
- Serve as a primary creative specialist for national and/or large investment clients
- Assist in maintaining vendor relationships with regard to sponsored content, as needed
- Maintain awareness of related industry news and emerging strategies or innovation with regard to native advertising