Description: These positions manage others, and provide project and/or program management services to meet the goals and objectives of National Service Quality. Accountable for all phases of Service Quality programs including design, planning, prioritization, staffing, communication, coordination, oversight, implementation, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation. Assesses needs; develops action plans; facilitates responses for service improvement as appropriate. Develops, coordinates and delivers education, training, and communication programs. Demonstrates in depth practice, knowledge, and skills essential to project and program management. Functions as expert authority within Program Office departments and within Regions. The scope of work projects is broad and comprehensive and includes service quality topics performed and reported to audiences such as national leadership, regional leadership, inter-regional leadership groups, regional and facility representatives and labor management partners. Shares in accountability for service quality outcomes for all Regions and the enterprise. Directly oversees and supervises other professional staff.
- Supports Director/Vice President in the management of Service Quality and performs designated duties in her/his absence.
- Develops and carries out the strategic direction and plan for Service Quality.
- Leads/oversees highly visible and complex projects to improve performance related to Service Improvement.
- Interfaces with Regional Leadership to produce timely and valuable results.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for systematic processes to resolve service quality gaps within and across Regions.
- Collaborates with leaders throughout the organization to provide guidance and support in pursuit of the achievement of organizational goals related to patient centered care that includes excellence in service quality.
- Develops and manages KP program wide expert panels to help identify improvement opportunities and corresponding actions in service.
- Serves as a functional expert for Service Quality.
- Leads and oversees performance improvement projects that are interdisciplinary in nature and involve multiple departments and regions.
- Directs and leads a broad array of qualitative and quantitative data, analyzing that data, interpreting the analysis and developing action plans accordingly.
- Uses information and recommendations from various efforts to target specific performance improvement areas.
- Using experts throughout the KP organization investigates and disseminates best practices in performance.
- Produces or oversees development of written educational materials for service/patient centered care.
- Makes formal presentations to senior level audiences.
- Represents KP at conferences and with professional organizations.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
Job Number: 668595