Job Description Summary
Becton, Dickinson Interventional (BDI) is a leading multinational developer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies in the fields of vascular, urology, oncology and surgical specialty products, employing over 65,000 people across 50 countries around the world. Founded more than 100 years ago, BDI pioneered many devices that are cornerstones of modern healthcare. BD - PI is the vascular division within BDI and focusses on interventional products for peripheral arterial disease (PAD), end stage renal disease (ESRD), and Cancer.
We expect the highest levels of quality, integrity, service, and innovation from our employees – on the job and in the communities in which we work and live. In return, we foster an environment where individuals are treated with fairness, respect, and feel valued, acknowledged and rewarded.
Be Your Best at BD-PI – and ultimately, you can have an impact on the lives of people around the world.
To negotiate and manage BDPI’s National Contracts, GPOs (Group Purchasing Organizations) and IHDNs (Integrated Health Care Delivery Networks) as well as give direction to the BDPI Sales Forces to maximize our National Account opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Negotiate and implement BDPI’s national agreements in conjunction with the Bard Corporate national accounts organization.
- Develop BDPI’s relationships with key national and Regional GPO’s, large hospital systems and Corporate Accounts.
- Manage all information pertaining to National Accounts; i.e., contracts, competitive information, dates data.
- Interact with SCG Group to grow BDPI’s business
- Attend sales meetings and product fairs of group contract organizations.
- Maintain internal relationships with Product Managers, Customer Service Supervisor, Sales Administration, Regional Managers, Sales Training Manager, Sales Representatives, and Marketing Managers of all BDPI’s salesforces.
- Establish and administer domestic pricing to ensure contract compliance and consistency.
- Assist sales managers and representatives in the preparation, negotiation and execution of regional and local contracts.
- Prepare an annual business plan with sales goals, competitive analysis, and strategies and tactics.
- Proactively educate GPOs, IHDNs and large regional hospitals on the clinical benefits of BDPI’s products.
Additional Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good sales and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Computer literate
- Strategic thinker
- Organized and systematic
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum three (3) years management experience.
- BS degree with concentration in marketing or business administration.
- Understanding of group purchasing and key personnel involved.
- Able to negotiate and implement contracts.
- Know strategic direction of BDPI’s various product areas.
- Knowledge of BDPI’s competition and their strategy in the marketplace.
Job ID R-328658