- Providing leadership and supervision of MSCF Admissions Office staff. Hiring and training admissions office staff. Completing performance reviews, providing direction on professional development opportunities and assisting staff in setting goals.
- Leading MSCF admissions recruitment and scholarship budget including setting budget targets and tracking costs to ensure expenditures align with budget.
- Setting recruitment/yield strategy and leading all aspects of execution and evaluation of recruitment/yield strategy. Representing MSCF program at recruiting events, as needed.
- Leading all aspects of and executing candidate evaluation and interviewing ensuring class composition targets are met. Evaluating applications (including undergraduate transcript, test scores, professional history, letters of recommendation, extracurricular involvement, essays and evaluative interviews) and making recommendations to the MSCF Admissions Committee for admission decisions.
- Determining class enrollment targets as approved by MSCF Steering Committee.
- Collaborating with Assistant Director and external marketing and design partners to develop MSCF admissions marketing strategy and collateral including brochure, career guide and electronic communications. Coordinating the execution of the communication plan for prospective and admitted students via email and social media. Coordinating with marketing to evaluate success of marketing efforts and determining annual marketing strategy.
- Collaborating with MSCF staff to develop onboarding strategy including framework and oversight of admitted student websites. Ensuring admissions content on MSCF website is fresh and accurate.
- Executive management of the MSCF admissions process and operations. Determining and executing operational efficiencies to streamline processes. Crafting and maintaining operations calendar and manual. Ensuring staff is trained on and executes operational processes and procedures effectively.
- Developing metrics for the evaluation of MSCF applications. Creating an annual application review manual and reference material to guide reading staff through a consistent evaluation of applications. Chairing MSCF Admissions Committee, finalizing decisions in accordance with committee recommendations. Creating decision letter collaborating with internal and external staff and faculty to ensuring accurate information is communicated to applicants. Determining scholarships and notifying applicants of admission and scholarship decision.
- Overseeing admissions systems to ensure that it supports the business process for MSCF Admissions (Slate CRM). Resolving system related issues; developing relationships with University partners to find opportunities for increased efficiency in data transfer and operational processes related to student enrollment. Deciding annual application updates and ensures updates are made in Slate and communicated for the MSCF website.
- Ensures data integrity in the system. Leading data analysis and reporting of MSCF admissions data.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field required. Master's degree preferred
- At least 5 years of Academic Admissions experience required
- Equivalent experience and/or education may be considered in lieu of degree and/or work experience
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Tepper School of Business. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued proficiencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the University through their work.
You should be able to travel both domestically and internationally (approx. 15% travel) and be willing to work outside of normal business hours as needed.