The Director of Missions and Service will institute foreign and domestic mission trips and service programs that train student to be disciples in the modern world and advance the mission of the Church in the world through the study and implementation of the documents of the Second Vatican Council and the call for a New Evangelization. Train students to effectively develop and lead and participate in projects that advance Gospel values.
- Direct the mission trip program
- Increase the number of national and international missions
- Increase the number of students who engage in national and international missions—both as undergraduates and graduates
- Design and deliver a catechetical curriculum for mission trip leaders and participants
- Lead Fundraising Seminar Program
- Conduct 15+ Personal Support Raising Seminars each year to train mission trip leaders and participants how to raise funds for their mission trip
- Responsible for coordinating student fundraising efforts to raise more than $350,000 for mission trips and College Ministry projects.
- Increase funding for mission trip program through grants and training student fundraisers
- Direct the volunteer service opportunities
- Establish and direct opportunities for students to engage in service locally and regionally
- Connect service opportunities with Catholic Social Teaching principles
- Centralize service opportunities and documentation in Ministry department
- Implement a systems infrastructure to keep centralized records of service opportunities and involvement within the Ministry department
- Provide key service metrics and language to increase Catholic identity at the college
- Develop a ClearingHouse for missionary and service opportunities
- Establish and clarify relationships with major missionary organizations
- Host a Missions Fair that brings missionary organizations on campus to recruit BC students
- Utilize a systems infrastructure to provide ease-of –access to missionary organizations for BC students
- Train Ministry Leaders in gospel values
- Work directly with Service Team and Mission Trip Team and a portion of the 12 ministry teams
- Train ministry team coordinators in mission leadership skills
- Provide ongoing formation and support to FOCUS and SPO missionaries on campus
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of College Ministry
- Communication, Oral: Excellent oral communication skills in large group settings and one on one.
- Energetic: Ability to sustain irregular hours working with college students. Must be able to seek out and engage students.
- Leadership: Ability to mentor students through relationships - with the ability to affirm men and women in their identity and vocation in the world; to identify strengths and weaknesses in students and foster their personal development; and to lead others using a Christian-servant style of leadership
- Organization and Planning: Ability to structure multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and keep inventory. Ability to plan, staff, direct, and control work tasks and events.
- Problem Solving: Ability to think through strategic issues and develop innovative solutions to problems.
- Team Building: Ability to build and maintain team cohesion and goal accomplishment. Must have an interest in building a dynamic campus community.
Bachelor's degree in Theology, Youth Ministry or related field.
Applicants for this position should have a minimum of two years of higher education experience in leading and organizing domestic and foreign mission trips.