Lake Charles, LA
Industry: Education, Government & Non-Profit•
Not Specified years
Posted 81 days ago
The Wesley Foundation at McNeese State University is prayerfully searching for a spirit-centered, dedicated, and dynamic leader to serve as the next Director of Ministry. The Wesley serves as the spiritual home for United Methodists and other students, faculty, and staff on the campus of McNeese State University. Please see the attached job description for particulars associated with this position.
The Wesley Foundation is the United Methodist campus ministry at McNeese State University, in Lake Charles, Louisiana. The Wesley Foundation is an extension ministry of the Louisiana Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Mission: To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Mission Field: The students, faculty, and staff of McNeese State University.
Vision: To be a diverse campus ministry where everyone on campus is developing a life-changing relationship with Jesus.
To have a diverse campus ministry where all students:
We will be open, affirming, and welcome everyone on campus as beloved children of God.
We will share the hope and love of Jesus with everyone on campus.
We will cultivate meaningful relationships that could lead to life-changing transformations on the campus of McNeese State University.
Developing a life-changing relationship with Jesus:
We believe that everyone on campus has a story, therefore we will do everything we can to help make Jesus the center of that story.
We believe that everyone is still living their testimonies, therefore through worship, fellowship, discipleship, and service, and using the means of Scripture, reason, experience, and tradition, we will teach, live, be, and bear witness to Jesus being at the center of that testimony.
We will encourage everyone on campus to respond to God’s offer of grace.
The primary role of the Director of Ministry is to develop and implement strategic plans for advancing the mission by living into the vision. The Director of Ministry is a spiritual leader to the campus community who provides ongoing preaching and teaching, mentoring and discipleship, care and counseling, and relational leadership to grow and equip everyone on the campus community for a life of faith and servant leadership. The Director of Ministry is also a manager for the organization who provides strategic and administrative leadership for the Wesley and develops relationships on campus, in the community, and throughout the annual conference that help grow and strengthen the ministry.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Organize, develop and implement ministries, programs and services that promote leadership development, spiritual development, fellowship & worship, community service, interfaith communication/collaboration, spiritual counseling, and social justice.
• Develop strategic partnerships with administration and on-campus departments to provide appropriate programs and services.
• Develop strategic connections with local United Methodist Churches to participate in a supportive campus ministry.
• Identify and implement best practices and policies for serving campus needs.
• Work with the Wesley Foundation Board to develop, fundraise, manage, and monitor the annual operating budget to meet organizational needs and objectives.
• Collaborate with the Board in developing an effective organizational structure that will ensure the financial sustainability of the Wesley Foundation.
• Initiate and comply with requests for reports and documents as required by the University, The United Methodist Church structure, and the Louisiana Annual Conference Board of Higher Education.
• A servant leader who feels called to campus ministry and who possesses gifts for relationship building, organizational leadership, spiritual care, and discipleship.
• Must be a professing Christian and an active member of the United Methodist connection, especially the local church(es) and the Annual Conference.
• Displays spiritual and emotional maturity, responsibility, initiative, and a cooperative spirit.
• Well-organized, energetic, exercises good judgment, maintains a positive, professional attitude and appearance.
• Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills and develops relationships well with people of all ages.
Evaluation and Assessment
• Conduct routine assessment of all Wesley Foundation programs and provide evaluative feedback to the Wesley Foundation Board.
• Comply with United Methodist Safe Sanctuary and sacred boundary requirements.
• Alignment with the mission of The United Methodist Church, the vision of the Wesley Foundation, and the core values of the Louisiana Annual Conference.
• Teamwork and decision-making habits consistent with Conference core values and expectations.
• Skills and competencies that include strategic planning and organizational leadership, financial management, and evaluation and assessment.
• Level of integrity in the modeling of conference core values.
• Progress toward and achievement of goals.
The activities and essential functions listed in this job description are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualificationrequired of employees assigned to this job, and may be subject to changes in the future.