Expectations of the role include not only applying management and analytical skills to our businesses, but also to broader projects and systems revisions to help the organization properly scale with its rapid growth.
As the Director of Merchandising, You Will:
- Manage merchandise and pricing strategies across two businesses, Wholesale and B2C, to maximize sales and profitability (e.g., product development, merchandise selection, assortments and key item development).
- Partner with the Wholesale lead to ensure the right breadth and depth of product category and strategy.
- Drive the vision and strategy behind site experience, partnering closely with Marketing and Dev Team to identify opportunities to evolve our current business.
- Collaborate with CMO to concept and execute creative editorials and marketing initiatives.
- Direct organization and staffing and manage skills training and development for the merchandising team.
- Merchandise and curate online product assortment based on knowledge of customer and marketplace.
- Analyze market trends and competitive landscape to develop merchandising strategy.
- Develop seasonal merchandise strategies and construct financial plans to meet company profit objectives.
- Ensure maximum performance relating to sales volume and gross margin opportunities in all categories.
- Recruit, train and develop the merchandising team, making appropriate organizational structure recommendations based on individual talents. Support internal career path development.
- Ensure appropriate inventory breadth and depth and promote inventory control standards.
- Impart appropriate taste level and standards to all aspects of the merchandise selection process, including merchandise strategy and the execution of visual concepts.
- 5 - 7 years' progressive merchandising experience within multiple product categories in a retail environment, at a senior level.
- Proven negotiation skills and vendor-management experience.
- Strong numeric and analytic aptitude.
- Strong understanding of and keen interest in the luxury fashion industry.
- Outstanding financial, management, and organizational skills.
- Technical aptitude with web-based tools and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Roll-up the sleeves attitude to execute, no matter how big and small the task.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or minimum of 7-10 years of related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.