Director of Memory Care
Less than 5 years experience •
This position promotes and integrates the mission and philosophy of Senior Lifestyle Corporation. The Memory Care Director is responsible for the day to day operations of Memory Care. The Memory Care Director is responsible for overseeing compliance with all community policies and procedures and applicable state regulations as they apply to Memory Care. The Memory Care Director will be the process owner to implement and oversee the Memory Care points of distinction established in the areas of Embrace Wellness, Embrace Enrichment, Embrace Creativity, Embrace Connection, Embrace Challenge and Embrace Teamwork.
- Conducts interviews, orientation, and ongoing training of Memory Care Team employees in accordance with employee training policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Coaches and counsels departmental employees in accordance with Senior Lifestyle human resources policies.
- Manages Memory Care employees in partnership with the Health and Wellness director or designee.
- Promotes the company’s Embrace philosophy in all aspects of his/her role to include interactions with resident, family, and staff and the daily oversight of Memory Care operations in partnership with the Health and Wellness Director.
- Organizes the monthly programming calendar and needed supplies.
- Plans, coordinates, and evaluates Memory Care resident programs.
- Leads high quality innovative programs in Memory Care to include a minimum of 3-5 self-lead programs daily.
- Implements and monitors programs and processes to promote excellence in programming while maintaining a high level of resident/family/staff satisfaction in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Adheres to the budget guidelines for the department.
- Maintains current knowledge of Alzheimer’s/dementia topics and participates Memory Care Department Director training as assigned. Provides education, training, and hands on support to community staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Recreation Therapy, Psychology, or a related field
- Activities Director Certification, Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, Certified Dementia Practitioner, or other related Certifications.
- Three to five years of experience working with individuals with Dementia including leading programs, handling complex behavioral issues, and educating staff and families on Alzheimer’s or Dementia related topics.