- Conducts interviews, orientation, and ongoing training of Memory Care Team employees in accordance with employee training policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Coaches and counsels departmental employees in accordance with Senior Lifestyle human resources policies.
- Manages Memory Care employees in partnership with the Health and Wellness director or designee.
- Promotes the company’s Embrace philosophy in all aspects of his/her role to include interactions with resident, family, and staff and the daily oversight of Memory Care operations in partnership with the Health and Wellness Director.
- Organizes the monthly programming calendar and needed supplies.
- Plans, coordinates, and evaluates Memory Care resident programs.
- Leads high quality innovative programs in Memory Care to include a minimum of 3-5 self-lead programs daily.
- Implements and monitors programs and processes to promote excellence in programming while maintaining a high level of resident/family/staff satisfaction in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Adheres to the budget guidelines for the department.
- Maintains current knowledge of Alzheimer’s/dementia topics and participates Memory Care Department Director training as assigned. Provides education, training, and hands on support to community staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Recreation Therapy, Psychology, or a related field
- Activities Director Certification, Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, Certified Dementia Practitioner, or other related Certifications.
- Three to five years of experience working with individuals with Dementia including leading programs, handling complex behavioral issues, and educating staff and families on Alzheimer’s or Dementia related topics.