Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplaceof choice for more than 14,600 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-freework environment.
- Maintain a joyful environment for residents with dementia.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all Life Guidance staff by scheduling, assignment, direction, performance review (including input on pay adjustments), hiring and discipline consistent with company policy, and providing support, direction, feedback and training for such staff.
- Develop, create, plan and organize the daily program for the Life Guidance neighborhood including all requiredprograms in the daily calendar of events and ensure its implementation 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
- Ensure each Life Guidance staff member has completed New Hire Orientation within required time frame. Ensure each RSA, Med Tech, and LG Nurse has signed the LG Specific Job description to ensure they understand their responsibility toparticipate in the daily programming requirement
- Lead, direct, and assist staff with understanding Atria’s philosophy of care and encourage learning by modeling theproper approaches and communication techniques.
- Supervise and evaluate staff performance (unless designated to others by state regulations).
- Conduct the monthly dementia in-service for all Life Guidance staff and maintain the necessary records to reflect completion of training.
- Delegate program facilitation responsibilities to others as needed.
- Evaluate the program utilizing quality enhancement tools and customer feedback.
- Improve the program through problem solving, program development, and refinement.
- Conduct individual resident history, preferences assessments, and develop individualized service and program plans.
- Maintain the budget for the Life Guidance Program.
- Support and actively participate in the program’s census building initiatives.
- Facilitate a pro-active problem solving approach to challenging resident behaviors.
- Develop and implement the monthly calendar based on the eight Dimensions of Engagement.
- Support the management of information to ensure timely and accurate information is available.
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required by community).
- Maintain a supportive relationship with internal and external customers.
- Support hospitality, leasing, and sales processes with promotion of a positive image of Atria.
- (Clinical Related Matters) – Partner with the Resident Service Director in maintaining active community and professional ties with clinical and non-clinical contacts.
- (Clinical Related Matters) – Partner with the Resident Service Director in acting as a contact for issues related toresident care within the community.
- (Non-Clinical Related Matters) - Maintain active community and professional ties.
- Partner with and otherwise assist the Resident Services Director in supervising, developing, and scheduling the staff according to Atria’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Partner with and otherwise assist the Resident Services Director in establishing and maintaining a medication system which adheres to state, federal and company laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Work together with the Resident Services Director in scheduling and supervising staff; available to cover staffing when needed.
- Work together with the Resident Services Director in providing training and orientation to new assisted living staff members and ongoing training to current staff members.
- Deliver and attend required training for self and employees.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- RN is required
- Two to four years experience in caring for people with dementia and in developing and facilitating activity programs, preferably as a manager with a specialized dementia program.
- Knowledgeable about the disease process, the changes associated with dementia illnesses, how they affect the individual’s ability to function, and the adaptive strategies that help maintain a resident’s abilities.
- Ability to facilitate family and caregiver support programs.
- Able to perform budget analysis, review and control.
- Experienced with staff supervision
Requisition ID 2017-56397