HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes 166 hospitals and 114 outpatient centers in 20 states and England. At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be part of our Medical Staff
team. Join us in our efforts to better our community! Benefits
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You will have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional a la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medical childcare needs, participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment. Position Summary
The Medical Staff Services Director has overall accountability for planning, organizing and directing all Medical Staff Services and functions. Principle responsibilities include judgment, discretion, diplomacy and a substantial knowledge of Hospital and Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and Policies and Procedures. The director develops long-term plans, goals and objectives of the Medical Staff and Medical Staff Services.The director establishes formal means of accountability to the Board of Trustees for Medical Staff activities and ensures JCAHO compliance in all areas of Medical Staff Services.
The director integrates Medical Staff functions with the hospital's continuous quality improvement initiatives. The director will demonstrate independent judgment, organizational skills and an ability to meet deadlines and will maintain professional and effective working relationships with all members of the Health Care Team.
This position reports to: CEO HCA Far West
As part of a strong network of hospitals throughout California and Nevada, HCA Far West is committed to supporting its healthcare professionals and ensuring their growth.
Our exclusive and specialty medical services in nine hospitals and six surgical centers throughout two states, provides a full spectrum of primary, acute, tertiary and chronic care for our patients. Our specialized care areas focus on advancing the science of medicine while providing high quality, life-saving technology and patient-focused care. Southern Hill Hospital and Medical Center
The facility is an accredited 252-bed acute care hospital. Utilizing advanced digital technology and an accomplished medical staff, Southern Hills Hospital provides the communities of southwest Las Vegas with emergency and pediatric emergency services, behavioral health inpatient and outpatient programs for ages 55 and older, an accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, OB-GYN and diagnostic imaging and surgical services. Southern Hills Hospital's advanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Qualifications: EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree
- Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in hospital medical staff services in a leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in leadership/ management and establishing interpersonal relationships necessary to promote an effective working environment
- Excellent computer skills/experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services preferred
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
- Judgment - Makes decisions based upon job knowledge and experience. Considers all impacted areas in decision process. Seeks advice where applicable. Judgment sensible and reliable.
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Interpersonal Skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office, Meditech, and purchasing vendor applications and others as required
- Policies and Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic Skills - able to perform mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately