Tracking Code 179211-846Job Description
Lead and direct North America Ride Performance Material Management functions within Tenneco North America. Develop Materials Management Systems in conjunction with the Purchasing team to achieve World Class Excellence.
- Lead and improve planning and scheduling processes and systems to incorporate Sales, Operations Planning, Master Scheduling and MRP Planning Systems.
- Champion the implementation of common practices and processes across the NARP locations including master data management, inventory management and production planning. Seek to develop and deploy best practices whether invented internally or externally.
- Support and enforce local plant compliance on launch-related logistics & material processes; namely: packaging proposal plan, contingent delivery plan, alternative packaging plan, logistics & material protocols, activation with new suppliers, etc.
- Drive a reduction in overall inventory and scrap levels within NARP Tenneco to achieve SBU Goals and Objectives.
- Utilize Materials Management Systems to ensure effective usage of Tenneco programs; SAP, MRP, Process Re-Engineering, and Lean Deployment.
- Lead the design and development of systems that enhance and support business process re-engineering and Lean Management Programs partnering with peers and global process owners to develop and maintain Tenneco Best Practices and standards
- Mentors plant materials personnel in planning, executing and continuously improving work processes as well as upgrading the current talent by encouraging further education and training to include APICS certifications.
- Ten years in a Materials Management leadership role, experience with multiple locations and a global supply chain, Automotive or Consumer products experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field, MBA preferred.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP and materials management systems and processes.
- Certification or equivalent education and training in Lean Management principles and concepts,
- Proven experience, skills, and leadership in developing and implementing a strategic map to achieve a world-class material organization.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- APICS certification, Black Belt Certification desired.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.