Be a part of something great!
General Statement of Duties:
The Materials Management Director is accountable for adequate medical supplies and inventories for the daily operations of the hospitals, clinics, and otherassociated facilities. The Director plans, oversees, and coordinates the preparation and monitoring of Material Management and Biomedical Engineering capital, operational budgets, and staff, and recommends new and alternative plans to enhance efficiency, improve performance, and reduce costs. The Director is responsible for providing analytical and financialreports related to supply expense and usage and for conducting cost benefit analyses to substantiate decisions in product and service selection.
1. Provides analytical, financialreports related to supply expense and usage. Conducts cost-benefit analyses to substantiate decisions in product and service selection.
2. Responsible for all vendor manufacturer relationships and negotiations related contract for supplies, equipment, and purchase services. Manages contracts for equipment, supplies and services. Resolves vendor related issues.
3. Develops innovative plans, policies, and procedures for increasing efficiency with regards to requisitions, orders, receiving, and purchase services.
4. Manages purchasing and inventory functions for the entire organization. Responsible for the uninterrupted availability of supplies and services to all hospital, clinics, and other facilities.
5. Manages centralized procurement of all supplies, equipment and services. Develops standard bid specifications.
6. Serves as advisor to all departments with regard to supply equipment and service needs. Coordinates activities with other departments.
7. Establishes goals and objectives for department as well as policies, procedures, and standards of performance. Assists with the development, implementation, and oversight of departmental plans, objectives, and directives. Maintains responsibility for the selections, training, and development of departmental personnel. Conducts annual performance evaluations and recommends increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
8. Establishes and maintains department budget for Materials Management and Biomedical Engineering.
9. Ensures compliance with established practices in general stores and inventory control and with organizational policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) required; Master’s degree (M.A./M.S.) or equivalent preferred
- 6-8years of related experiencerequired; 8-10 years of experiencepreferred
- 6 years of healthcare experience strongly preferred.