Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Director of Materials Management provides strategic and operational guidance for supply chain, procurement, contract negotiations, vendor selection and management, and internal client support. This is a key position, requiring an individual with tact and political acumen.
The Director of Materials Management is responsible for determining supply and equipment needs across the enterprise, and ensuring that operational needs are met and all care and business initiatives receive the supplies, services, and equipment to move plans forward.
The incumbent must develop effective internal and external networks and contacts to assure that needs are appropriately assessed, appropriate stakeholders contacted, and information is assembled to promote effective decision making. Conducting negotiations with new and existing vendors in an essential function of this role.
The Director of Materials Management reports to the Vice President of Materials Management. In addition to direct reports, the incumbent will work closely with staff at a variety of levels throughout the enterprise.
• Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years’ experience in Materials Management, Supply Chain, or similar function in a complex, multi-site enterprise.
• 5+ years’ management experience.
• 5+ years’ experience with Financial/Materials Management Information Systems.
• Master's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related area.
• 3+ years’ experience in an Integrated Health System.
• 3+ years’ experience with Lawson Financial Systems.
Additional Skill Requirements:
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects.
• Ability to navigate political landscape with internal and external stakeholders.
• Knowledge of business planning, modeling, concepts and tools.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results on a timely basis.
• Must have a high degree of accountability.
• Demonstrated ability to build a high performing team.
• Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to build trust and understanding across disparate parts of the organization.
• Optimizes the work process.
• Values diversity.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.