CBS 19 News, the award-winning CBS affiliate in Tyler, TX, is seeking an all-star Director of Marketing. The Director of Marketing will lead the development and execution of brand-and-buzz-building strategies (on-air, online, social, mobile, experiential) to drive multi-platform audience growth and engagement. The Director of Marketing is a key player on the leadership team, driving culture throughout the organization and supporting the CBS 19 News strategic plan and budgeting process. The ideal candidate will inspire creative excellence and deliver high impact brand experiences.
- Own the strategic marketing plan for the CBS 19 News brand and all relevant touch points. Leverage innovation to position CBS 19 News as a forward-thinking brand across all products including linear, social media, digital and new business.
- Serve as a collaborative and strategic business partner to the CBS 19 News leadership team and organization at large.
- Create and implement audience development strategies by applying research insights to marketing activations, including content partnerships.
- Lead the creative team to conceptualize multiplatform and original campaigns that promote our brand, products and clients. Alongside in-house team, write creative briefs, oversee production and measure success of all campaigns. Create a collaborative, fun and energetic work place where team members love to come to work.
- As needed, hire great people, train them well and provide ongoing feedback and development to foster their growth and career satisfaction.
- Partner with local, corporate and 3rd party vendors to garner audience insights and translate those into effective, measurable marketing strategies.
- Develop relationships with peer groups across TEGNA.
IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTICS FOR SUCCESS
- A bold thinker/innovator.
- Creative, impactful leader and team player.
- A positive get-it-done attitude that persists regardless of obstacles and fosters collaboration and input from the team as a whole.
- An Ideator! Creative Wizard.
- Competitive mindset: has aggressively competed and WON with a results story to prove it!
- Effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills and knows how to tailor all communications to the audience for which it is intended.
- Lives ahead of the curve and prioritizes learning to stay in front of cutting-edge tools, promotion trends and campaigns.
- Mass consumer of media
- Minimum of 3 years consumer marketing experience with a promotion-specific record of success in any of the following: broadcast, cable, digital or agency (marketing/digital/advertising). Must understand the value of promotions placement across multiple mediums as a fundamental driver in executing the brand strategy. Television experience preferred but not required. College Degree in Marketing preferred.
- The ability to see and respond to future trends and developments and how to create consumer behavioral change.
- Demonstrated record of success applying research insights in the content and technology landscape. Insight-driven, able to work with local research teams, digital analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Nielsen, and ComScore) corporate research staff and 3rd party vendors to garner audience insights and translate those into effective, measurable marketing strategies.
- A planner by nature, able to operate with a sense of urgency in the present and be constantly looking 6-18 months ahead so as to bring organization, order and planning to the larger marketing team.
- Experience leading an in-house creative team and ensuring team employs the full range of marketing tools particularly as it relates to brand vision and execution, and social and digital expertise.
- Experience in writing, shooting, editing effective news & entertainment promotional campaigns & spots.
- Strong media planner and buyer who understands co-op spending and can build strong partnerships with network, syndication or ability to learn how to do so.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency within a deadline-oriented, fast-paced team environment, juggling multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Comfortable working non-traditional hours to compete in breaking news situations.