The Director of Marketing role will be responsible for defining, implementing and executing the marketing strategy for TE’s Industrial & Commercial Transportation business unit. He/she will be responsible for customer segmentation and initiatives to identify market insights and trends, and turn them into new product commercialization opportunities that support ICT’s strategy. This role will also be responsible for maximizing the value of our product portfolio, defining and implementing campaigns and product launch initiatives, demand generation and setting the go-to-market strategies. He/she will lead the Marketing team, with DigitalMarketing, Integrated Marketing and Communications within the business unit in order to achieve our growth targets. He/She will be an enterprise leader, with a proven track record of delivering value beyond Marketing. This role will report to the SVP and General Manager of the ICT business and be part of the company’s marketing leadership council.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Employ marketing best practices such as customer segmentation, competitive positioning, market assessment, and new product introductions to set the strategic direction for the business unit.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, lead demand generation efforts, and provide sales support and training.
- Lead and execute eCommerce efforts to support ICT’s products on TE’s online store.
- Lead channel marketing efforts to drive revenue from strategic distribution partners.
- Oversee the development and implementation of DigitalMarketing processes and initiatives to drive growth
- Oversee the development and execution of product marketing campaigns and support to sales, customer service, technical support, distributors and customers to drive growth
- Plan and execute all internal and external communications for the ICT business unit.
- Lead all integrated marketing campaigns and events
- Build and develop a strong marketing team with an emphasis on talent development.
- 15+ years of broad marketing management experience ideally in a best-in-class global B2B environment.
- Exceptional business acumen with the ability to understand the commercial, operational and financial priorities of the business and align marketing initiatives and activities on the areas of highest impact.
- Demonstrated breadth and depth of functional expertise (brand, digital, product).
- Managerial courage, gravitas and influencing skills to partner effectively with the business unit leadership team.
- Organizationally savvy, but not political, and can effectively navigate between Business Unit, Segment and Enterprise marketing needs seamlessly.
- Effective communication skills to translate strategy to action for broad employee groups within the business and across the enterprise.
- Track record of driving and managing change in a dynamic environment and achieving results by setting high standards and holding people accountable for performance.
- Proven experience leading and coaching to improve individual and team performance.
- Ability to travel up to 30% globally.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Master’s degreepreferred.
Location: Winston Salem (Preferred) or Munich (EMEA Candidates)