The Director of Marketing provides vision and direction in the development and implementation of strategic plans in the sales growth and brand recognition of Stryker Medical products for one or more product segments, such as EMS, beds, stretchers or international. Responsible for providing leadership to multiple managers and associates.
- Provides leadership and direction to marketing team with regard to strategies for driving sales growth through new product development, identification of emerging markets, penetration of existing markets, orders, margin, and unit forecasting; competitive assessment; and gap analysis, sales support, distribution and pricing.
- Responsible for providing guidance to marketing team in project management.
- Orders forecasting on a monthly basis for use in planning, manufacturing and inventory management.
- Focuses on continuous product improvement with regard to product quality and functionality. The goal is “best in class” products in all market segment(s).
- Drives corrective action where necessary.
- Prudent management of budgeted expenses.
- Develop key relationships with industry/market thought leaders, organizations, and institutions.
- Personnel management including scheduling, providing technical assistance, and employee development which includes hiring, communicating company policies, coaching and counseling, administering performance appraisals, and enforcing company policies through appropriate disciplinary measures.
- Employee engagement: Responsible and accountable for actions promoting an environment that fosters personal growth and development.
- Responsible for the presentation of written reviews and evaluations of business performance on the marketing areas to the VP and/or General Manager of Business Unit.
- Pursues new business opportunities, new markets and acquisitions as appropriate.
- Customer satisfaction: Perform with honesty and integrity instituting a highly responsive and unsurpassed level of customer service. Promote an environment emphasizing teamwork, empowerment, and problem resolution with a consultative approach. Implement There for You: toearn customer loyalty by developing true friendships with our customers, providing best-in-class products, services and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree highly preferred.
- 5 - 7 years in related marketing/sales position.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Strong results orientation.