Job ID: DEN000241
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments.
Reporting to the Vice President, Special Markets, the Director of Marketing will be accountable for developing and executing the marketing strategy for the Dental Support Organization (DSO), educational, institution, government and select Community Health Center (CHC) customers, as well as overseeing customer education and events, and providing customer support for select Special Markets accounts for the U.S. Dental Platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 5+ product marketing, professional education, and event planning associates. Own and develop the Special Markets value proposition incorporating all OpCos offerings, as appropriate.
- Manage a team of 5+ customer service/inside sales associates to support implant sales.
- Develop and implement value proposition tools linked to OpCos marketing strategies.
- Develop national DSO, institution, university, government and CHC strategies in conjunction with strategic account managers and OpCos marketing teams to achieve profitability targets.
- Develop and execute field sales tools that align with marketing strategy, within budget.
- Develop unique customer solutions based on specific customer needs identification.
- Develop and implement the DSO customer engagement process.
- Develop and implement funnel management tools to generate new customer leads for the strategic account managers.
- Partner with OpCos marketing teams and strategic account managers to identify issues and opportunities for profitable end-user sales growth.
- Coordinate with the OpCos professional education, sales training, sales operations and marketing teams to leverage resources and maximize effectiveness of marketing plans.
- Build and develop strategic relationships with external sourcing and distribution partners.
- Work closely with finance to develop tools which provide ROI tracking and analysis of marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with legal, regulatory, and health care compliance to effectively navigate the internal and external environment to achieve desired results.
- Be a change agent across the dental platform by demonstrating success through behaving as one company vs. a collection of OpCos, in the DSO, institution, university, government and CHC market segments.
- Bachelor's degree is required;
- A minimum of 8-10 years of related experience in a clinical marketing role.
- A minimum of 8 years of marketing supervisory experience.
- A minimum of 8 years experience with developing marketing strategies for a broad, comprehensive product portfolio.
- Proven experience of partnering with and influencing external customers Solid oral, written and presentation skills to effectively communicate and influence a cross functional team. Able to engage and influence across OpCos with business partners, peers, and direct/indirect reports.
- Travel required – 20-25% of time
- MBA highly preferred Strong analytical skills used to drive decision making and experience building a business case using market information, sales data and financial forecast statistics.
- Marketing experience with distribution or channel marketing is highly preferred.
- Dental/medical technology industry experience highly preferred.
- Experience/knowledge in marketing to or selling into DSOs or other national/regional buying groups desirable.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and creativeness
- Effective time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with Sales Management, Marketing Management, Field Sales and Distributor channel representatives on a daily basis.
- Proven team player who can operate within complex organizations (internally and externally)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.