Sorcero, the leader in Language Intelligence, next-generation AI that understands technical and medical content, is immediately hiring a dynamic Director of Marketing to join our global commercial organization. Selected by Business Insider as one of the 81 startups expected to boom in 2021, at Sorcero you will function in a key role across our Commercial team working directly with company leadership, sales and product development teams and key industry leaders to solve real problems for real people with AI.
Why Join Sorcero?
We are making serious strides towards transforming decision-making through access to and understanding of the world’s technical knowledge for the industries that most impact peoples’ lives, like Life Sciences, Healthcare, Insurance, and Engineering, and you would be a critical part of our success. We have incredible insights into the needs of these markets and how to build technology that is powerful and differentiated. All while solving huge challenges in people’s lives and health that were previously intractable to prior generations of technology.
You will be a key team member to help us move even faster.
- You’ll join a team of brilliant, passionate people working collaboratively to build a sustainable, scalable organization committed to using understanding to create a better world.
- Work with some of the most advanced technical talent in the field, including the co-founder of the MIT Media Lab and an executive team of entrepreneurs and executives that have transformed markets, achieved $1+ billion exits, and impacted over 3 billion lives.
- You’ll be empowered to innovate and apply your intellectual curiosity to some of the most critical technical & business challenges, from improving cancer care to reducing diagnostic errors.
- You are in the pursuit of mastery and excellence, and are seeking a space and people who share your obsession.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing to join Sorcero as we rapidly scale our team. The Director of Marketing will play an integral role on the Commercial team and will be responsible for managing all marketing functions to grow our customer and demand generation pipeline. The ideal candidate will evaluate and develop marketing strategies to grow Sorcero’s voice, brand our emerging category, and awareness of the benefits of Language Intelligence.
This includes harnessing the most effective Account-based and content marketing efforts to reach from the c-suite to advanced MD/Ph.D researchers and product owners in leading Life Sciences and STEM enterprises. This role will build and lead an internal marketing team and vendor network, generate messaging that sticks, and position Sorcero as the next AI solution for technical industries. This position will directly report to our Chief Commercial Officer, and will work closely with company leadership.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for:
- Running customer discovery and customer development programs on Language Intelligence
- Demand generation of C-suite and executive level leads from leading STEM enterprises
- Hiring, developing and overseeing the marketing team
- Developing and directing rapid iteration marketing tests to validate marketing strategies, and presenting to leadership.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating marketing efforts and related marketing tools
- Working with the sales department to develop content related to demand generation campaigns,, sales presentations, social media posts, websites, case studies and related sales follow-up and collateral materials
- Support business development with content and collateral to enable our innovation network and strategic partners, such as Plug and Play, Startup Creasphere, MassChallenge, or leading cloud providers to sign up leading enterprises for our LI platform or SaaS services powered by LI
- Managing product launches across direct sales, channel sales, PR, and brand positioning.
- Overseeing social media marketing strategy and a deep and board scientific and medical content marketing strategy with white papers, one-pagers, publishing, webinars, and videos/infographics
- Market segmentation, competitive intelligence, and differentiation research.
- Building overall Sorcero brand awareness and positioning company as a category leader
- Selecting, utilizing and building an advanced marketing automation stack
- Overseeing strategic development and implementation of all lead generation efforts
- Organizing company engagements and sponsorships of conferences, trade shows, and events
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- 7+ years experience in marketing and running a marketing team
- Proven marketing and demand generation campaign experience and illustrative success
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and strong copywriting track record
- Ability to develop and manage content publishing and campaign release schedules including marketing and content publishing calendars
- Attention to detail combined with broad strategic understanding of STEM industries
- High competence in project and stakeholder management, including strategic partners
- Experience with digital marketing channels such as social media marketing, video creation and content marketing
- Excellence in Marketing systems, such as Hubspot or Salesforce, metrics reporting, email/content marketing automation (ie. Marketo, Acoustic)
- Understanding of approaches for marketing advanced technologies, defining new markets and evangelizing customer value propositions into existing industries
- Prior experience in or familiarity of Life Sciences, Healthcare, Insurance, or overall STEM industries is a plus, although not required.
- Competitive compensation package, including equity in a fast growing startup
- Unlimited PTO policy (that we actually want you to use)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Company-provided laptop and hardware
- Being a part of a supportive team
Understanding is the key to intelligence. With this principle at heart, we leverage Language Intelligence to give our customers fluid and fluent access to and control over the inherent complexities of their businesses. At Sorcero, we believe in augmenting human beings, not replacing them. Our platform gently directs users towards the right answer, and always supports human experts.
Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.