The Director of Marketing is a newly created position that will be responsible for the development and execution of PROCEPT’s downstream marketing strategies to drive global awareness, adoption, and utilization of Aquablation therapy. This individual will own the marketing strategies to the key stakeholder audiences of surgical urologists, patients with BPH, payers, and the sales team, while managing events, tradeshows, and marketing communications. This position will regularly collaborate with the upstream marketing, Professional Education, Sales, Sales Operations, Sales Training, and Customer Service functions, and will develop and maintain close communication with physicians and hospitals.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be required as assigned)
- Manage and develop a team to support the downstream marketing effort, which includes marketing to patient, physician, and payer audiences
- Develop and lead marketing strategies to drive awareness, adoption, and utilization of Aquablation therapy through development and implementation, like segmentation, targeting, messaging, positioning, etc.
- Finalize development and launch of direct-to-patient program including PROCEPT-led efforts and market development partnerships with hospitals and physician practices
- Establish methods for measuring and tracking success of all strategies and tactics, and instituting continuous improvements based on analytics.
- Lead revision of go-to-market strategy and tactics for the AquaBeam Robotic System and accessories, and collaborate with Upstream Marketing, Sales, Sales Ops, and Customer Service on all product launches
- Lead development of effective sales toolkits and materials to support an efficient and effective sales process
- Implement and analyze market research initiatives to identify, refine, challenge, and support marketing programs
- Travel to customers, trade shows, seminars and training courses
- Build and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), hospitals, and practices
- Maintains trained status for, and complies with, all relevant aspects of the PROCEPT BioRobotics Quality Management System to ensure product and support regulatory compliance
- Understands and adheres to the PROCEPT BioRobotics Quality Policy
- Understands and adheres to the PROCEPT BioRobotics EHS Policy
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Certifications)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing, with medical device or healthcare experience preferred
- Proven success in managing and growing teams
- Proven success driving successful marketing strategies in a lean environment
- Proven success leading productive teams and driving accountability
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface successfully both with internal and external customers at every level
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions in a complex environment involving trade-offs and risk-benefit assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with customers and internal employees
- Professional work ethic, high capacity, strong analytical and organizational skills, and ability to operate independently
- Strong leadership, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required with live case and animation video editing skills preferred
- The position is based in the home office of Redwood City, CA and reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Commercial Strategy