Director of Marketing Operations
With a work environment that encourages and nurtures creativity, great ideas take flight and become products and services built from the bottom up. Working for Rosetta Stone or Lexia, a Rosetta Stone Company means that your opportunities are limitless.
There's an amazing energy here. It's the feeling that we're doing something unique, unexpected, and beneficial, and it permeates everything we do.
We are dedicated to helping people change their lives through the power of language and literacy education. Join our passionate, energetic, and international team and add your talents to Who We Are!
The Director of Marketing Operations is responsible for the daily operational processes and procedures that drive our go-to-market team to deliver results and ensure that the marketing teams are closely aligned and that marketing is aligned with sales. This role supports the execution, maintenance and continuous improvement of marketing programs, marketing automation, planning/budgeting and other technology platforms necessary to enable the marketing team to perform in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Additionally, excellent verbal communication skills, and the ability to bring effective collaboration and communication to the marketing team are required to perform the role.
- Design, develop and maintain core marketing operations processes to support collaboration and communication throughout the marketing and operations teams.
- Be the subject matter expert on marketing technology platforms and work closely with the Sales Operations team to manage all marketing technology platforms.
- Design, develop and maintain critical marketing metrics to enable data driven decisions throughout the marketing team.
- Design, develop, train and maintain marketing program/campaign launch processes to enable self-serve program execution throughout the marketing team.
- Utilize strong project management skills to track and deliver critical marketing system projects and operational projects on time.
- Support the collection and aggregation of marketing budget and spend to ensure proper tracking and attribution of campaign dollars.
- Demand Generation, implement best practices to ensure our demand gen funnel is in line with industry standards.
- Work closely with sales and marketing leadership to align the lead generation process and best practices into a unified plan for the organization's growth.
- Work with a team of marketers to drive key business metrics including leads, MQLs, SQLs and Opportunities.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and cost of acquisition, adjusting demand tactics and strategy accordingly.
- Drive performance through a results-driven experimental approach, both in existing channels and by experimenting with new channels and techniques.
- Develop a center of excellence around advanced digital marketing expertise including demand generation, digital marketing, account based marketing, SEM, and customer acquisition.
- Analytics, lead efforts to define and build success metrics for Marketing programs and campaigns.
- Create common infrastructure and capabilities around reporting and planning to get things done efficiently and effectively.
- Coordinate quarterly and monthly executive management deliverables and reporting to the senior leadership team.
- Define key marketing metrics and manage the process of packaging these measurements into reports and dashboards in order to determine overall performance of the marketing team and marketing programs.
- Analyze marketing and sales data, develop insights, and present recommendations to the Sr. Director of Marketing and other marketing leaders on areas for improvement and optimization.
- Organize monthly/quarterly/annual marketing metrics reviews, consumer acquisition, program ROI, and contact acquisition, and penetration.
- Strategy/Opportunity, assist the Sr Director of Marketing and in leading the marketing operations department in driving strong marketing strategies and availing opportunities.
- Drive marketing database strategies, analyze gaps in the business's data, customer acquisition strategies, and data quality practices.
- Provide the marketing team with ongoing analysis in relation to marketing investments against goals.
- Keep an eye out for new practices and technologies that will improve and optimize the marketing department's performance.
- Leadership, serve as chief of staff to Sr. Director of Marketing in developing and executing strategic marketing initiatives.
- Lead the planning, budgeting, and forecasting of the marketing department and manage marketing automation systems, establish and maintain scalable processes within the department that guarantee best practices in lead and campaign management.
- Monitors and maintains data quality in the marketing database, appending data as necessary.
- Must have well over 10 years in working experience in marketing with at least 5 of those years being in marketing operations, preferably working as a Head of Marketing Operations.
- The candidate will also have had experience in CRM solutions, marketing automation, and extended experience working in a digital marketing environment.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Eloqua integration preferred.
- Knowledge of marketing automation and database management concepts and best practices.
- Experience handling marketing budgets and marketing reporting with ability to not only gather the appropriate data, but also glean insight to improve the performance of marketing programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of marketing best practices and multiple marketing channel execution as well as prior proven experience of successful management of large-scale marketing teams and programs; including proficiency in offline marketing channels and programs.
- Self-starter able and eager to learn quickly with a good head for problem solving, while able to adhere to standard operational procedures and deadlines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in tools such as Google Analytics, WordPress, Google AdWords, Facebook ads, among others.
- Ability to work in fast pace and high-growth environment with tight deadlines and shifting priorities, and be willing to "roll-up your sleeves" to drive organizational change
- Must be a results-driven individual with exceptional analytical skills in quantitative data analysis of program effectiveness, forecasting, and ROI.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both in verbal and in written form.
- Ability to tailor even the most technical and complex messages in simple, clear, understandable, and convincing terms.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines, be self motivated and inspire staff to be the same, work comfortably in a fast-paced environment and within group settings, have excellent time-management skills, have an ability to think creatively and strategically, have exceptional problem-solving skills, and have an ability to stay calm under stress and uncertainty inspiring the same of staff.
- Strong team player with an ability to develop effective working relationships across the organization as well as externally.
- Ability to inspire and move a cross-functional team in a unified direction and with a unified vision.
- Must be an approachable and relatable person that junior marketing operations department will follow and who will organically earn the trust of the Sr. Director of Marketing, key stakeholders, and external partners.
- Ability to work autonomously and willingness to take initiative.