Root is seeking a performance-first Marketing Operations leader who is passionate about operationalizing data for a fast-growth consumer brand and its channels. This is a highly cross-functional position that requires educating, influencing, and confirming standards to guarantee marketing objectives and business results.
The ideal candidate will have experience building, developing and running operations for a tech-forward consumer company. This individual must excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and have a proven track record of operationalizing performance-first teams, channels, and marketing programs that deliver business results.
What you'll do.
- Partner with Marketing leadership to translate business objectives into specific marketing goals and processes that empower the cross-functional Integrated Marketing, Growth Marketing, BD/Partner & Creative teams to deliver accelerated growth through increased collaboration, quality, efficiency and speed.
- Collaborate with individual team leaders to identify operational hurdles. Automate and simplify processes, controls, and workflows to facilitate on-time, consistent delivery of marketing and partner programs across channels, while also reducing/eliminating inefficiencies (eg, reducing marketing fraud and wasted spend).
- Collaborate with Product and the MarTech Engineering team to develop the marketing capabilities and infrastructure vision and roadmap for Root, identifying a path to build and scale a world class marketing tech/digital stack that will meet the needs of the business, effectively engage customers, scale communications, and enable accelerated growth and optimized performance.
- Partner with the Finance team to manage and report the Marketing budget, inform marketing investment allocation and find new and improved ways to track, prioritize, and measure ROI. Manage Marketings operating and overhead budget to minimal variance, including budget forecasting and re-forecasting processes. Partner with Marketing leaders to refine process and reduce forecast vs actual spend variability.
- Serve as the relationship lead with Compliance and Legal. Create and maintain a centralized governance process to ensure Marketing compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, with minimum burden on the Marketing and Creative teams.
- Develop and implement a holistic marketing data governance strategy (acquisition, validation, augmentation, and enhancement) and unification plan that can be effectively leveraged across internal systems to drive real-time optimizations and automated decision making. Lead the evaluation and selection of data suppliers and enhancement technologies, and identify the path to operationalization.
- Build and lead an Operations team responsible for the enabling the implementation and measurement of multi-touch marketing campaigns, ensuring that our campaigns are connected and cohesive, while elevating the level of planning and execution for each campaign shipped. Directly oversee the technical and executional aspects of key marketing systems, including marketing automation, multi-touch attribution, and future tools.
What we're looking for.
- 10+ years of experience in startup and/or high-tech operations with proven ability to manage large scale, complex marketing teams, and campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage, influence and build strong working relationships at all levels. Proven track record of partnering with internal and external business, product and creative teams.
- Experience developing integrated marketing strategies and supporting teams while translating those strategies into business plans.
- Experience utilizing data and measurement to drive decisions and distilling complex hypotheses into actionable briefs that span campaign, process/workflows, and technical solutions.
- Excel at aligning stakeholders and managing complex projects, with proven ability to move programs forward on time and with minimal friction. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Capacity to work effectively with ambiguity, adapting quickly to changing goals and objectives. Experience working in an AGILE framework is a plus.
- Strong judgment in evaluating campaign goals against operating capabilities, with the ability to analyze results, and optimize marketing results and business approaches as needed.