About the Job
8x8 is seeking a rock star Marketing Operations leader, to take our Marketing Operations to the next level.
As a key role within the Marketing Operations team, this position is responsible for marketing operations systems administration, including primary ownership of some Martech applications. As a Marketing Automation / Marketo Administrator, the successful candidate will act as both the administrator and primary power user for Marketo, setting up and executing programs in Marketo to support global inbound and outbound demand generation activities and their integration with lead management processes and distribution systems. He or she will have experience building and executing digital demand generation programs using Marketo, continuously monitoring and measuring, providing analysis, and optimizing program performance. As a member of the Marketing Operations team, the best candidate will need to understand the role of marketing automation and how it works in combination with other marketing and sales channels. This role will also provide technical expertise and guidance, as well as administration support, to additional Marketo users within the larger global Marketing organization. The ideal candidate will demonstrate hands-on knowledge of effective lead management lifecycle strategy, scoring methods, distribution and processes, as well as how to optimize Marketo program setup and execution based on best practices and experience to drive higher conversions and marketing-qualified leads for sales.
- Build and enhance a hub and spoke Marketing Automation Center of Excellence providing best practices, guidance, education, QA and governance to Marketo users.
- Develop and execute within Marketo nurture programs, scoring programs, trigger- and drip-based automated email communications, ad hoc email campaigns, and event programs.
- Create lead capture forms and/or partner with web development team on landing pages to support acquisition and engagement marketing programs, to successfully reach new customers and expand revenue growth within existing customer base.
- Manage the lead routing and distribution process of top of funnel lead handoff to Sales Development Managers, Sales Account Executives, etc.
- Create meaningful database segmentation so we can tailor campaign and program messages for targeted audiences across specific market segments, industries and roles.
- Ensure timely creation, categorizing, and both automated (via Marketo API) and manual leads list imports through our marketing automation solution.
- Document processes and procedures for all marketing programs within Marketo, acting as the primary “power user” to cross-train and support other global marketing users on best-practice use of the system.
- Understand how Marketo integrates with CRM (specifically, Salesforce.com) as part of the overall lead funnel, and manage and execute system deployment & integration projects for Marketo.
- Monitor Marketo prospect database hygiene, performing ongoing data cleansing to maintain the health and accuracy of our prospect and lead database.
- Collaborating with Marketing and Sales, analyze data and identify possible process improvements and system enhancements for improvements to automated marketing programs that maximize efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Build and execute flawless and timely email marketing campaigns: one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic-content driven.
- Develop and maintain favorable relationships with customers and internal global stakeholders, ensuring their needs and goals are consistently met.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience in marketing operations, web and campaign marketing operations, demand generation and B2B demand generation in an international technology company.
- 3+ years’ recent experienceworking with Marketo, building, testing, executing and optimizing marketing programs, with thorough understanding of lifecycle marketing – from acquisition through retention/building loyalty.
- Deep understanding of and staying current on best practices, industry standards, and legal/privacy compliance requirements associated with lead generation & nurturing, lead lifecycle and management including scoring models, data hygiene and database segmentation.
- Understanding of how to build Marketo emails, pages and programs using advanced token-based methodology to enable dynamic content and personalization.
- Should have hands-on knowledge of HTML, helpful in creating email and web assets.
- Familiarity with best practices for email deliverability, privacy compliance and laws (e.g. GDPR).
- Understanding of how Marketo integrates with Salesforce.com; the ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of how qualified lead data flows from Marketo into CRM/sales automation tools, preferably Salesforce.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of funnel-based acquisition models, B2B demand generation content creation and processes, database list management and segmentation, and account-based marketing (ABM).
- Proactive ability to work effectively and with a sense of urgency in collaboration within and across globally-distributed functional teams, in a fast-paced, dynamic and metrics-driven environment.
- BA/BS in marketing, business, or technology.
- Location San Jose
Job ID 2017-2228