Director of Marketing
5 - 7 years experience • Software
MarketPro has partnered with a software brand to find and hire their new Director of Marketing. Our client is a relationship intelligence automation platform for CRM that automates almost all the work your end users need to perform, resulting in widespread CRM adoption, accurate data and timely intelligence. This privately held, nimble organization has a strong market position and needs a leader who can take them to the next level.
We are looking for a modern marketer who is a master of inbound marketing, lead generation, digitalmarketing, and marketing automation. The chosen candidate must have a history of success creating and delivering innovative marketing programs that drive significant effect of brand awareness and demand. The candidate will be responsible for designing a marketing strategy and then turning the strategy into reality.
This is a challenging leadership position where you can apply your strategic and technical software marketing skills to lead a small team to be greater than the sum of their parts. Your ultimate goal is to accelerate our growth trajectory through top marketing strategy and rolling up your sleeves while leading the small team and outside resources to increase awareness and drive interest in the core products and professional services. The Marketing Director is a key member of the management team and has global responsibility for:
• Demand Generation
• Digital / Online Marketing
• Inbound Marketing
• Marketing Analytics
• Content Marketing
• Marketing Strategy
• Marketing Team Leadership / Mentorship
• Marketing ROI
• Salesforce Enablement
We are looking for someone who has the ability to drive marketing strategy and the willingness to roll-up their sleeves to work with a small global / regional team to get things done. As the marketing team leader, you will play a key role in developing and managing marketingcampaigns on a global basis for our product sets and consulting practices.
• Develop a comprehensive multichannelmarketing strategy including both cutting-edge digitalchannels and ROI-driving traditional tactics, focused on long-term sustainable growth. Then jump into the trenches alongside your team and execute that strategy with a hands-on approach.
• Understand the buyer journey, create personas, map the journey and create content to push individuals of different personas to the next stage in the buying cycle.
• Be immersed in the design and development of creative work of the highest caliber, driving all phases from concept through production.
• Manage, allocate, track and measure a substantial budget that balances investment in ROI-oriented marketing avenues along with experimentation, testing and innovation.
• Develop relationships with key players throughout the organization, including regional marketing personnel to earn trust and buy-in across the business. Foster an “open-door” environment of collaboration and communication across regions and business units.
• Develop a comprehensive content marketing plan for the company and then manage its execution. Drive product messaging, as well as key features and benefits through white papers, blogs, video, case studies, presentations and sales collateral.
• Conduct analysis to identify opportunities to improve and grow the business; analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of marketingcampaigns, methods, costs, and results.
• Mentor a motivated global marketing team. Lead by example, and directly step in to work with and manage various teams when necessary.
• Develop a consistent and compelling experience for customers across the globe. Empower regional business units with the necessary tools and support to push a consistent message around the world and build a powerful, consistent brand.
• Lead brand and messaging strategy, focusing on differentiation our unique product advantages and consulting expertise in the marketplace.
• Evangelize, promote, plan and execute our brand messaging, products and consulting services to industry thought leaders, analysts, press, bloggers, prospects and strategic partners. Develop relationships with key thought leaders.
• Manage competitive analysis and produce collateral that will assist the sales organization to maximize the potential for a sales win.
• Work with Product Management to ensure product roll-out is well targeted, launched, marketed effectively and on-time.
• Identify and remove obstacles to marketing success.
• Provide product information to meet a variety of internal and external needs including press releases, web site copy and internal training.
• 5+ years marketingexperience for software development solutions or B2B software is required.
• 5+ years demonstrating experience as a builder of successful B2B marketing team and programs.
• Strong experience with B2B solutions, especially with web and mobile development.
• 5-7years in a senior product marketing role in the software industry
• Solid experience with software solutions, with special emphasis on web & mobile development.
• Strong understanding of software development trends and best practices related to web and mobile application development,
• General understanding of key business applications related to ERP, CRM, eCommerce.
• Demonstrable understanding of marketing best practice and a proven track record of driving lead generation success through successful marketing initiatives.
• Deep understanding of social media, market research & analytics, SEO, marketing automation and website design best practice.