Are you an experienced MARKETING professional seeking to bring your expertise in Product, Price, Promotion and Placement to a growing organization--- all while looking to better utilize your T.I.M.E. in a new career? The Ware Group dba Johnstone Supply understands the importance of placing the right person, in the right position at the right TIME!
Our values of (T)Teamwork, (I)Integrity, (M)Mach Speed and (E)Empowerment are fundamental to the way we operate.
We are currently looking for a Director of Marketing who possesses a thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management. The ideal candidate must be a critical thinker with outstanding communication skills who is able to effectively achieve desired outcomes within a decentralized organization. The position is located in Jacksonville, FL!
The Director of Marketing develops and executes marketing plans designed to drive consistent and profitable sales growth of products and services within a $200M industrial distribution organization. In collaboration with the Marketing department, he/she develops product programs, pricing, internal / external marketing communications, and sales / promotional tools relevant to customer and vendor needs, while leveraging market trends and technology innovation. This role ensures product assortment and marketing distribution channels align with the company's overall strategic objectives. The Director of Marketing reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Vendor Relations and directly manages a team of marketing professionals.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develops and implements strategic marketing plans, to include customer segment and product segment marketing, pricing, promotion and assortment necessary to drive the company's sales and financial objectives for products and services.
2. Develops a deep understanding of target markets, customer / vendor needs and the competitive landscape; monitors competitors and marketing activities by performing market analysis on current and new product concepts; evaluates industry trends and provides relevant and effective marketing programs to meet changing market conditions.
3. Leads Product Managers to develop and implement multi-year product line strategies and provides resource planning information to the leadership team.
4. Works closely and proactively with Director of Sales, Director of Inventory Management, Regional Managers, Information Technology and Finance teams to create, evaluate and ensure implementation of customer / product segment sales and marketing programs. Also collaborates with senior leadership to determine strategic vendor partnerships, depth and breadth of optimal product assortment.
5. Partners withInformation Technology to drive e-Commerce growth and develop synergistic multi-channel offering that drive the business across our branches and through our various technology tools and platforms.
6. Partners with the company's region teams and major vendors to develop and drive locally relevant initiatives. Plans and executes store-specific product assortment (i.e. plan-o-grams), pricing, promotional programs and displays, go-to-market plans and training initiatives; establishes and maintains a consistent company image and distributor brand/product messaging throughout all marketing, and promotional materials, and events.
7. Provides leadership, motivation and ongoing coaching for the marketing professionals on the Marketing team to cultivate a successful, agile and effective team.
8. Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and strategic key
Suppliers and Vendors; analyzes and tracks vendor performance to ensure vendors assist in meeting Company market share, financial targets and are in alignment with business plans.
9. Produces, analyzes and responds to customer metric goals for individual markets including customer acquisition, retention, spend, frequency, loyalty and overall customer value.
10. Participates in Marketing and Sales meetings, providing insightful marketing and vendor data, application of relevant strategies and guidance on significant market opportunities.
Education, Work Experience & Specialized Skills or Knowledge:
1. Bachelor's Degree is required; MBA with concentration in Marketing preferred
2. 15+ years of progressive sales and marketingexperience in decentralized, mid-market (mid-size) or large multi-location organization --- industrialdistribution, or MRO industries preferred. Ten years or more of direct supervisory/management experience.
3. Must possesses exceptionally strong project management and analytical skills.
4. Must be able to think critically and make sound and impactful business decisions.
5. Must be able to present ideas and information clearly and succinctly, with a demonstrated ability to achieve buy-in across cross-functional organizational groups.
6. Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
7. Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% of the time ? most traveling will be regionalized in the southeast.
Who We Are:
We are a premiere, independent wholesaler for Contractors in the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry. As a supplier committed to the HVAC/R supply chain, we provide an Advantage - The Johnstone Advantage -for our Contractors. We are committed to supporting our Contractors needs across all facets of their business ? from marketing, to acquiring product, to servicing their customers. Whether our Contractors are focused on Residential, Commercial, Industrial or Refrigeration segments, our knowledgeable staff is firmly devoted to delivering exceptional customer experiences that help our Contractors save time and make money.
At the Ware Group, we feel ordinary people think merely of spending TIME?.great people think of using it!