The Director of Nightlife Marketing’s core responsibility is to oversee the development and execution of marketing, event strategies, and programs that meet the organization’s overall objectives and financial goals while keeping the brand to the standard of the company’s direction. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Execute and assist in development of Events & Nightlife Marketing initiatives including but not limited to marketing plans, strategies, and projects.
- Work in conjunction with media partners to leverage and maximize event activation opportunities and value ads for Events & Nightlife venues.
- Oversee the event proposals and make determinations on which should be added to the venue’s event calendar.
- Strategize and execute on creating events based upon overall calendar, history, & venue needs.
- Collaborate with leadership team at property and in Corporate Events & Nightlife to develop annual marketing plans for the venue.
- Work in conjunction with sponsorship team to leverage and maximize the Company’s sponsorship resources and capabilities.
- Serve as a liaison with promotions teams (internal, external), to inform on promotional rules and communicate said information back to appropriate internal personnel.
- Assist in developing branded guest experiences for venues and oversees the overall customer journey/experience to ensure alignment with MGM Resorts International standards.
- Provide leadership that fosters a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction; promotes quality hiring, training, and succession planning that encompass the Company’s diversity commitment.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Hospitality or related field and or equivalent work experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in marketing, nightlife, hospitality or related field.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.