Director of Marketing
Who We Are
At Notion, we help people protect the things they love most. Notion?s first product, an IoT multi-purpose sensor, paired with thoughtful data analytics and services, delivers peace of mind to empower anyone to live an easier, safer, better life. Much more than home security, our ability to collect and analyze incredible amounts of data from homes has already led to partnerships with a number of insurance companies.
Our nimble team is made up of engineers, designers and business development experts. We're a motivated, passionate group of self-starters, excited to bring solutions to life that truly make a difference in people's lives! Want to know more? Check us out at .
We?re looking for a Director of Marketing to join our team and lead all marketing efforts at Notion. You?re passionate about building strong connections between brands and their customers, so it?s natural for you to get into the consumer mindset. You love knowing as much as you can about our current and potential customers, constantly test and iterate, make data-driven decisions, and have the knowledge and confidence to trust your gut when you need to. Bringing more to the table than just marketing skills is exciting, and something you can offer through your varied experiences.
You will work closely with Notion?s CEO and executive team, as well as otherinternal stakeholders to help Notion grow awareness, revenue and distribution. You recognize that the Internet of Things has an opportunity to impact a number of industries, and a passion for Notion?s customers and partners drives you to reach more people every day to help them protect what they love.
- Develop and execute on overall marketing vision and strategy
- Define existing and target customers through direct interaction, surveys, and other research tactics
- Lead strategies for segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence, prospecting, product development, pricing, promotions, revenue, retention, and growth
- Define the marketing funnel, and develop and measure key metrics, including user acquisition costs, conversion, engagement, ROI, etc.
- Increase consumer adoption and revenue generation through acquisition and retention tactics, including PPC, SEO, Adwords, etc.
- Implement and manage marketingbudget
- Partner with Notion?s data team to infuse insights into marketing initiatives
- Work closely with Business Development team to understand needs / challenges of Notion partners, and inform content for marketingcampaigns
- Conceptualize and execute brand building activities that provide value for our customers, including research, trade shows / events and partnerships
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (branding, communications, etc.), and ensure they project Notion?s unique ?voice?
- Oversee and grow the marketing team
- Hire and manage agencies as needed
- Bachelor?s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field; MBA a plus
- 10+ years of marketingexperience for a direct-to-consumer company
- Proven success building relationships and high-performing teams
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient B2C strategies and business plans across all marketing mix elements (product, pricing, promotion, distribution)
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Ability to applymarketing techniques over traditional and digitalchannels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- A combination of startup and more established brand marketingexperiences a plus