The Director of Marketing for Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) is responsible for working with BNI senior leaders to develop the overall marketing strategy for BNI and for implementing the BNI marketing plan. This position oversees marketing and advertising initiatives that are designed to support the business objectives of BNI, and manages the BNI marketing staff.
This position reports to the BNI Chief Operating Officer, is accountable to the BNI President and CEO, and works cooperatively with the BNI Chief Medical Officer, the President of Barrow Neurological Foundation (BNF), the Chairs of BNI clinical and research departments, and the BNI management team.
- Leads marketing research activities for BNI.
- Oversees brand positioning for BNI and monitors competitor brand positioning.
- Works with senior BNI leaders to develop the BNI marketing strategy and to implement the associated marketing plan.
- Oversees and manages BNI social media activities and initiatives, digital advertising, SEO activities and initiatives, and print advertising. Ensures that BNI and BNF marketing and advertising initiatives are coordinated and work in concert to strengthen the BNI brand.
- Oversees and manages the BNI website.
- Works cooperatively with the Dignity Health Public Relations team that manages media relations for BNI to promote news coverage and publicity for BNI physicians and scientists.
- Develops and manages a high-quality in-house marketing team, and assembles and manages a network of reliable external marketing agencies and marketing professionals.
- Ensures that quantitative tools are used when appropriate to measure and assess BNI marketing results.
- Contributes to new business development initiatives.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration, integration, open communication, team work, and timely decision making between BNI, BNF, and Dignity Health marketing and public relations team members.
- Stays current on healthcare and neuroscience marketing trends and developments, interprets these trends and developments, and makes recommendations to senior BNI leaders about whether and how best to respond.
- Participates as indicated in community organizations that align with BNI patient populations. Represents BNI in philanthropic and charitable fundraising activities and events as indicated.
- Minimum of five (5)years of marketingexperience and a minimum of three (3)years of leadershipexperiencethat demonstrates:
- The ability to work effectively with physicians, researchers and senior leaders in not-for-profit, academic, healthcare, or research settings preferred.
Strong knowledge of marketing techniques and current marketing trends.
Strong marketing analytics skills.
Web site and digital marketing experiencepreferred.
Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences.
Strong interpersonal skills to effectively navigate a matrix organizational structure.
Excellent listening and influencing skills.
Demonstrated collaborative management style.
- Master's degree or a combination of education and/or additional job related experience in lieu of the degree