The Director of Marketing and Proposals provides leadership and management for marketing and business development activities, and is responsible for directing our Client-Focused Business Development process.
- Build and maintain a high-performance marketing culture.
- Facilitate and participate in strategy development and positioning activities.
- Directly oversee all marketing staff and contract employees and ensure high performance and appropriate staffing.
- Direct organizational communications and marketing initiatives, including developing marketing and communications strategies, creating social media strategy, developing and refining consistent branding practices, overseeing the external website, and providing guidance and resources for company publications, promotional materials, and internal communications.
- Facilitate clear, informed and efficient Go/No-Go decisions to support the company's goal of raising the win-ratio and marketing cost-efficiency.
- Develop annual plans for the department, identifying strengths and weaknesses and priorities for continuous improvement.
- Assess competitor approaches and local and global industry trends, and synthesize information with recommendations for improvements.
- Formulate a strategy, plan, and timetable for improvements, including information technology required to store and retrieve marketing information and collateral.
- Network frequently with business staff to stay current on needs for support from marketing. Identify action items, prioritize, and schedule resources.
- Serve in a quality control capacity during the preparation and review of proposal materials with specific emphasis on strategy.
- Regularly participate in client feedback and de-brief meetings.
- Attend external meetings, conferences and events attended by clients.
- Participate in revenue projections, sales forecasts, and grounded assessments.
- Support lead tracking and marketing-related strategic decisions.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience, which must include experience in the A/E/C industry.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing, business development and communications strategies, best practices and tactics.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers and clients, internally and externally
- Detail-oriented and organized; ability to effectively prioritize multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite/MS Office
- Strong presentation skills in a small or large group environment