Organize, coordinate, implement and expand JDRF's Peer to Peer Fundraising initiatives in Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk counties including JDRF's One Walk, Ride for a Cure, and Team JDRF. Build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors to consistently and significantly increase revenue. Execute job assignments to ensure that the fundraising and development priorities of JDRF are incorporated into chapter's goals and objectives.
The Manager will understand the Foundation, Divisional, Regional and Chapter activities, operations, policies, and procedures to perform all duties and achieve goals and objectives. Within the scope of the job you will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of non-profit including stewardship, budgeting, forecasting, grass roots marketing, social promotion and strategic planning.
This position will work from the Long Island (Melville) office but will require occasional travel to New York City for meetings and events.
• Maximize revenue and achieve fundraising goals through the active recruitment and stewardship of returning family and corporate teams for the two JDRF One Walks held in Long Island in coordination Sr. Development Director, Peer to Peer team, Outreach team, and volunteer leadership and committees.
• Support other regional JDRF One Walks in Manhattan and Staten Island as needed.
• Create and implement strategic communications and fundraising plans for new and returning family and corporate teams.
• Help plan and support Long Island based event day logistics and participant experience.
• Interface and serve as a liaison for all levels of volunteers.
• Identify and cultivate new and returning corporate partners and sponsors.
• Ensure accurate recording of information in database, file system, and/or records. Create, update, and revise as needed.
• Help create and post relevant content to our local JDRF social media platforms.
• Support other local signature JDRF and third party events as needed.
• Maintain a basic understanding of JDRF's mission and research cure therapeutics.
• Perform all other responsibilities and projects as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor and senior management
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
3-5 years of fundraising and event experience. Knowledge of fundraising, event planning (walk experience preferred), volunteer recruitment and ability to develop and enhance relationships.
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Candidate must be a self-starter, detail oriented, strong organizational skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of administrative procedures, such as coordination of people and resources, planning, and resource allocation. Knowledge of clerical procedures, such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Experience with computer systems and databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Developing and preparing presentations, reports, and business correspondence.
• Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
• Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
• Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers. Must develop and maintain relationships.
• Excellent written, oral, and communication skills. Comfortable presenting in public to both individuals and large groups.
• Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Well-disciplined and extremely resourceful.
• Active listening, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
• Ability to travel locally required (includes travel within five boroughs and Long Island). Occasional overnight travel as needed.