Director of Marketing and Communications
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for building a long-term strategic plan, and managing the implementation of an integrated omni-channelmarketing platform. This position must provide the company’s senior management team with influential insight on the most effective programs to communicate and market to the brand’s consumer market segments. This position must leverage rigorous data mining and analyses to increase visitation, cross-shopping and retention among multiple customer segments including: core, lapsed and prospect men’s and women’s fashion & accessories customers. Building the brand’s women’s business through highly creative marketing will be key. By partnering with the company’s merchants, visual merchandising department, and by leading the marketing team, this role must architect customer facing programs that elevate brand perception consistently across traditional and digital touch points.
This individual must be experienced in retailmarketing, with an applied understanding of digital media, consumer / mobile websites, email marketing and CRM. The role will be responsible for achieving maximum impact of marketingcampaigns and for achieving effective ROI of the direct marketing programs
This position will also be responsible for hands-on management of the company’s digital programming and e-commerce strategic planning and roll-out. This will encompass tactical activities – interfacing with the store’s operating groups, including: IT, merchandising, financial services, shipping and customer service. Responsibilities also include administration of the website, content/imagery/blog development, content management, SEO & SEM, website performance analytics and management reporting.
Major Component Responsibilities include:
- Perform analyses / conduct market research around business goals to assess the impact of marketing and communication programs.
- Develop metrics that will indicate measures of performance focused on key business levers, including: brand awareness among customer targets, prospect generation, brand messaging, purchase conversion …
- Develop annual and seasonal marketing & communications plan to meet business goals.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all marketing programs, encompassing:
? Direct Marketing Programs
?Social Media Marketing
? Special Events
? Public Relations
- Set the brand’s creative direction and manage creative development via in-house Creative Services (including Graphic and Packaging Design), and /or with outside resources to produce deliverables that meet senior management’s expectations and within budget / timing parameters.
- Develop annualmarketing& communications calendar.
- Manage all media, including: evaluation, selection, placement and implementation with the primary focus on print, web / social based communications.
- Produce Special Events and Public Relations programs to elevate customer engagement.
- Create strategic partnerships to attract highly targeted customer prospect groups.