The Director of Marketingpartners with other departments to craft, execute, monitor and measure the performance of the Government Solutions marketing strategy. The Director of Marketing is also responsible for being a champion of, and executing in alignment of, the corporate global brand and communications strategy. He or she communicates brand and product or service value proposition messages to prospective customers and other stakeholders in the global marketplace including, employees, corporate management, special interest groups, and the media. The Director is also responsible for creating and managing the strategic marketing communications plan, team, and budget, as well as driving measurable marketing results and branding initiatives.
- Develop the Government Solutions business unit marketing strategy in alignment with the business unit and go-to-market strategies.
- Develop and execute the marketing plan determining the optimal mix of marketing tactics including inbound, outbound and communications/PR tactics.
- Lead and manage branding, graphic communications, digital and e-media strategies.
- Evolve business unit market position from current state into a recognized Smart & Safe City solution provider. Work closely with the sales and business development teams at strategic and tactical levels for strategic planning, messaging, and project execution.
- Lead and execute key market research activities including voice of the customer to understand customer needs, perceptions and loyalty drivers.
- Drive proactive and continuous communication among business partners to ensure active and informed involvement on corporate-wide marketing and branding initiatives.
- Partner with internal product management and sales groups to maximize the product offerings and create compelling, universal positioning and value proposition messages for all products and services.
- Coordinate interactions with global and regional marketing colleagues, corporate communications and public relations, ad agencies, and media.
- Establish global messaging and style guidelines and monitors planning and implementation for activities related to sales, marketing, and trade meetings and events with a global audience.
- Deliver and drive marketing performance through key metrics associated with the budget and the marketing plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field is required; MBA degree with a marketing emphasis is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in marketing, branding, and communications in a corporate environment, with at least 5 of those years leading a team
- Experience working in a quick-paced, innovative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in cross-functional and create strong internal partnerships consistently
- Experience in event planning, e-commerce, e-marketing, and digital media
- Demonstrated ability to affect a company’s brand image and recognition
- Demonstrated ability to evolve a company’s market position and establish the company in a new market space.
- Strong understanding of the competitive and strategic environment (Business to Government sales)
- Ability to shape and drive strategy, lead projects and initiatives, and manage a large staff in a matrixed environment
- Proven ability to engage in financial decision making from a marketing communications and branding perspective and develop strategic initiatives to drive greater profitability
- People Leadership: An empowering, motivational, team and people-oriented leader who drives accountability within the organization. This person must be able to hire top talent and bring focus to key priorities. A developer of talent who inspires and motivates others through passionate customer focus, enthusiasm for the business, teamwork and camaraderie. Is comfortable and capable of leading a distributed team. Builds partnerships and work well with others to meet shared objectives.
- Proven ability to develop current staff and recruit new talent
- Ability to travel, less than 25% of the time
- Communication: Exemplary communication skills including preparation and delivery of presentations to all levels of internal and external audiences. Knows how to keep a broadly distributed team informed and aligned. Communicates effectively with senior management and raises issues early. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Results and metrics driven: A deep understanding of metrics/dashboards that drive an environment of accountability and culture of continuous improvement.
- Entrepreneurial: A proven ability to work with limited resources, identify business opportunities, leverage capabilities across the business while “moving at the speed of light”.