Analyze markets and recommend implementation of responsive measure, as appropriate, such as new or modified products. It also includes evaluating the potential for profit or loss and examining the competitive pressures. Manage activities of a group responsible for major marketing research, planning and communications efforts directed at increasing sales of Company products and improving services. Direct the implementation of marketing strategies designed to maximize profit margins and ensure customer satisfaction.
Typical duties/responsibilities for marketing may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversee marketing operations and direct research studies and related analyses involving sales, trends and market potential of products.
• Provide counsel and play a key role in meetings with senior managers in order to develop marketing strategies, plans and schedules.
• Develop goals and objectives for the group.
• Direct the evaluation of new or improved products and new business opportunities.
• Assist Sales, Engineering, and other organizations in developing and implementing strategies to capture additional sales and market share, and increase profits.
• Manage the development and implementation of marketing communications and advertising plans that clearly identify the Company's products, services, reputation and other factors to improve sales and the Company's image.
• Establish, build and maintain long-term customer relationships in order to respond effectively to customer requirements, influence decisions, provide the Company with competitive advantages and maximize profit margins.
• Manage or coordinate communications among customers and business units to ensure accurate, consistent and concise information that is responsive to customers.
• Develop strategic profiles of key and potential competitors, and forecast markets, business volume and market share. Provide marketing support for corporate strategic planning.
• Promote and arrange for training of staff and provide guidance, direction, and fair and equitable treatment.
• Manage and document employee performance and implement responsive actions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or business plus 10 or more years of experience.
• Industry experience
• Transformer background
• Great communications skills
• Previous supervisory experience.
“Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US"