In this role, you will lead the execution of commercial market product strategies that leverage the collective depth and breadth of capabilities within Premera, as well as offered through strategic partnerships. The scope of the role will include gaining and translating consumer, employer, and market insights and trends, leveraging organization capabilities and strategies to develop and deliver innovative offerings that meet customer needs, and development and management of the cross-functional workgroup decided to vet future solutions. Solutions will include medical, ancillary, health and wellness, and administrative services and programs.
In addition, this position will direct market and competitor analysis, market research, product development, and management and the timely development and introduction of new solution offerings and enhancement releases that enable the organization to compete successfully in a dynamic, competitive market environment. You will collaborate with Premera executives, Market Leads, Director of Marketing and Brand Management, Strategic Operations Director, senior management across the organization and within Sales and Marketing to drive this work forward.
What you will do:
- Develop and collaborate with the Market leaders in each market and across the organization to develop and execute Premera offering strategies that maximize business opportunity, deliver innovative high quality and high value products/services and create meaningful innovation rooted in consumer and employer insights.
- Collaborate with departments across organization to drive development and execution of comprehensive Marketing mix for all offerings - including solution design, pricing, promotion, distribution, service delivery, etc.
- Build and lead the Market Solutions department to support rapid development of solutions to capitalize on market opportunities.
- Ensure proper management and timely completion of new offering development and enhancement in line with brand development, product strategy, market analysis, and corporate goals.
- Promote the organization's market presence and gain market insights through direct interaction with producers, consultants, consumers, and employer groups.
- Direct the solution offerings life cycle. Manage the existing Premera portfolio of offerings and lead the ongoing development of enhancement releases to deliver increased value to customers.
- Develop and implement product strategies that support the successful execution of Premera's core business plan.
- Lead the execution and management of new product development and product enhancements in line with market trends, the market offerings strategies and market-specific and corporate goals. These will include internally developed products and services, as well as products and services developed through partnership and affiliate relationships.
- Design products using consumer and employer experience insights to achieve experience goals.
- Oversee research, piloting, and full-scale implementation of new product concepts.
- Direct Market Solutions departments including hiring, coaching, evaluating associates, and formulating and managing a budget.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree or four (4) years of work experience.
- Ten (10) years of experience with increasing responsibility within the health, ancillary insurance or consumer products industry including:
- Five (5) years of management/team leadership and development responsibilities in supporting rapid development of market-focused products and solutions
- Eight (8) years of project management and product development experience.