Priceline.com is seeking a Director of Market Intelligence for our Hotel business unit. This role will be responsible for gathering and analyzing competitor offerings in the marketplace, uncovering insights that explain business performance and/or drive the business forward, and collaborating withinternal stakeholders to identify and execute on business opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role has prior travelexperience, a keen ability to lead and direct highly skilled analysts and drive business results, and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. The candidate must have a strong track record of execution, with the ability to thrive in an agile, innovative, data-driven environment.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Hotel Performance & Revenue Management and will be based in our HQ Office in Norwalk, CT.
- Overseeing, analyzing and maintaining all research information and deliver timely actionable insights into competitors pricing strategies
- Define the competitive landscape, build timely, relevant and actionable content
- Partner with internal stakeholders (i.e Marketing, Supply and Pricing) to improve business performance using parity insights
- Direct team of Analysts, Data Engineers to build and maintain parity infrastructure
- Partner and collaborate with external vendors to gather pricing data
Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of analysis or research experience performing detailed research and competitive/market analysis. Analysis for an Ecommerce / travel industry a plus
- Hands on with extensive knowledge and experience of working with large databases, data mining and business intelligence tools (SQL, Python, Tableau, Etc.)
- Knowledge of Machine learning techniques and application of data science to gather insights and improve business performance.
- Proven track record of translating business problems into analytical framework, developing analytical plans for answering complex problems and delivering analytical insights.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple way