The Director of Market Analysis and Reporting Platforms will manage, develop and deploy analytical tools and techniques to strengthen HP's ability to integrate insights, drivers and sizing information to support delivery of quarterly planning activities for HP Inc. The Director will take full advantage of existing and new data sources, advancing technology applications and evolving techniques to position HP at the cutting edge of analytic and reporting capabilities in the technology space. The Director will work closely with HP Inc. global business units and regional marketing and sales teams to implement a suite of analytic applications and reporting practices (Market, Market Share and Competitive) in support of the businesses. The Director will fully own development of standardized methodology, tools, platforms and supporting technologies in each of the core analytic areas supported. The Director will also Insure that HP's position in the market is accurately reflected through guidance and reporting governance and vendor management. The Director will act as a key business advisor to senior business unit and regional decision makers in the translation of these analytic and reporting insights into concrete business recommendations.
Business Analysis Expertise
- Work to enhance business analytics and reporting (Sell-in, Sell-Through, Sell-out) capabilities across HP Inc. businesses to include competitive, market, and installed base analytics
- Responsible for management and enhancement of syndicated data provider relationships to drive increased value to HP Inc.
- Strong partnering with Directors of Business Intelligence, Competitive, Market Analysis & Planning, and Corporate Strategy to supply analytics and counseling for translation into meaningful growth strategies for the Company.
- Acting as business counsel and key strategic planning resource for senior marketing and cross-functional management.
- Senior Management and Business Unit Engagement: Lead the HP Inc. delivery of synthesized market insights and Chief Strategy Office Point of View (competitor, market, share, industry, etc.). Build credibility and influence at Executive Council, EVP and SVP levels.
- Program Management Office Approach: Leads engagement at senior and executive management levels to ensure continuity of priorities and objectives – team acting as program office. Ability to guide data flows, process mapping, relational database development, skill development, engineers creative and elegant solutions, and automation of repetitive tasks
- Data management: Ensure proper data management skills and policies are in place within span of control; mentor/cultivate approach that delivers on data to information to insights model.
- Structured Thinking: Logical approach, appropriate framing problems, and conclusions. Focuses on building capabilities across span of control.
- Communication: Clear, concise, and conclusive that shapes senior-leader understanding and draws out specific recommendations and conclusions.
- People Management: Creates a team that continually improves self, business, and function. Sets direction for group and provides compelling vision for the work; establishes a high-performance environment.
- Intuition: Brings additional business and senior management context/priorities to bear; conceives multiple hypotheses and scenarios; articulate and direct analyses to achieve desired goals; anticipates organizational needs.
Education and Experience
- Computer/Information Science Degree, Business Degree with Marketing / IT Concentration or Bachelor of Science (BS) in Marketing, Finance, Economics, Programming or related field; Master Social Sciences, Business Administration (MS/MBA) preferred or Master in Information Sciences
- 10+ years marketing, strategy, analytics, project management or operational experience
- Experience in presenting complex topics to senior executives
- Experience: Prior experience managing databases and reporting systems/teams for large corporations
- Certifications: RDBMS, VBA, Project management, SAS and appropriate Microsoft certifications
- Advanced statistics background or equivalent for analytical positions
- Experience with large complex data sets, data mining.