At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Operations Leader in our Operations business located in either Hampton, New Hampshire ORSimpsonville, South Carolina.
The position directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to ensure timely,high quality production at the lowest cost consistent with the quality requirements. Implements production plans and provides feedback around product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials & supply constraints, schedules and staffing requirements to meet given product objectives.
- Accountable for multiple Manufacturing sites, holding overall responsibility for production of quality products in an efficient and timely manner.
- Strategize and design production plans, balancing tactical and strategic demands considering product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials supply constraints, schedules and staffing requirements to meet operational objectives and business unit goals.
- Directs the development and implementation of activities in production areas to ensure timely, high quality production at the lowest cost consistent with the quality requirements.
- Acts as the key decision maker for transitioning new products to production.
- Develops annual operating plan, operating budget and capital budgets. Take Enterprise operations strategy and applies to the site. Integrates organization's strategic plan into the site operating plan. Researches, forecasts, analyzes risks, and requests appropriate allocations.
- Defines priorities within the framework given to establish the most efficient and effective operating plan for the site. Plans staffing and expenditures around priorities.
- Serves as primary champion for quality improvement, Lean and Six Sigma programs on the site.
- Accountable for reduction of cost and waste. Improves productivity by implementing best practices.
- Responsible for labor and employee relations at the site. Communicates goals and strategies to a large workforce, which may include represented and unrepresented components.
- Directs management team at the site. Identifies and develops leadership within the team. Selects, develops and manages the performance of the team members.
- Acts as a community leader and site representative of Rockwell Collins to the local community, as a goodwill ambassador and corporate citizen in the location.
- Hosts and interacts with customers as the representative of the Enterprise during site visits.
- Oversees deployment of environmental, health and safety policies and procedures at the site. Ensures workplace training and safety plans are fully implemented. Ensures the site complies with OSHA, EPA, and other safety and health requirements.
COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIORS:
- Adaptability - Working effectively in uncertain or changing situations in order to make timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Oversight and Delegation - Oversight of materials and resources (equipment, material, information, and financial) and delegation of responsibility to appropriate groups.
- Conflict Management - Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Production Risk Management - Working effectively in uncertain or changing situations in order to make timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Production System Knowledge - Knowledge and ability to deal with all aspects of production in accordancewith orders received, including material and resource planning, operations, safety, quality assurance/focus, andsupervision of personnel and supplier/customer relationships.
- Results Management - Effectively and efficiently manage and track progress toward achievement of safety, quality, cost, and schedule work objectives.
- Take Action, Think Big, Help Others Succeed
- Bachelor's Degree from a four year college or university with a minimum of 6 years experience or an equivalent combination of formal education, on-the-job training, and/or work and life experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard torace, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Job ID 471321